98' QD32 serious problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killjoy

Reaction score
Hey all, had my Navara for a few months now, second hand farm ute which hasn't had an easy life, it's down on power (won't do over 100km/h) chews through fuel and blows blue smoke on a cold start.

I've serviced it a coupla times since i've had it, replaced fuel/oil filter, air filter, oil and serviced the trans and replaced the glow plugs and alternator. Now it doesn't start at all, just keeps trying to tick over. I don't know if it's the glow plugs that have gone again or a compression problem or if the injector pump has gone.

It's at the mechanics now being looked at so i'm interested in what they have to say and the ridiculous amount of money they will ask me to spend, ill let ya's know what they come back with.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Last edited:
Two stuffed piston rings, so i can either burn it and buy a landy, or rebuild the engine, reco the injectors and the pump and probably overhaul the gearbox to have it back to glory. Dunno if it's worth spending 5-6k on this bastard of a thing.

Latest posts

Back