$527 WTF for tail light lense

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tagMan

Reaction score
Broke the rhs tail light lens on the tub of my st.(it was my fault)

$527 each from nissan - i said to my local dealer "how much for a light off a tub that will be scrapped (new car with a tray)"?

They said we do not sell the parts off them. I said you are about to start.

We settled on a carton of CORONAS.
Done deal

Thats rediclous.

Doesn't Australia have a free trade agreement with Thailand ?

Should should have gotten cheaper.

Bought a RH tail lense from Thailand via ebay last year, Cost $45. Came well packed in a box labeled Nissan. Looked identical to the one I replaced (except not bust of course). Even came with complete wiring and bulbs. Fitted perfectly. It did make me wonder if it came from the same supplier who provides parts to Nissan's Thailand assembly plant.
Was quoted $485 for the same part in Perth

^^^^^^ This is the way to do it. So many GOOD aftermarket spares now, I would never pay the rip off prices for genuine now, unless there was no other option.

Broke the rhs tail light lens on the tub of my st.(it was my fault)

$527 each from nissan - i said to my local dealer "how much for a light off a tub that will be scrapped (new car with a tray)"?

They said we do not sell the parts off them. I said you are about to start.

We settled on a carton of CORONAS.
Done deal

RRP on the Thailand ones is less than $300 so if his price is $527 he is related to Ned Kelly. I wouldn't be rushing back there for parts except at Corona prices.

Latest posts

Back