4wd light flashing on the dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revkev91

Reaction score
Hi guys when I got home today I put the ute in reverse to back up the driveway. When I selected reverse I noticed the symbol that shows if the ute is in 2 or 4wd started flashing. I tried putting it into 4wd then back to 2wd but it's still flashing. So I tried rolling back and forward with the switch set to 2wd but it's still flashing but it feels like it's in 2wd. Has anyone had this happen before or know what would cause this? Is there a switch or sensor on the transfer case that could be faulty?

The wheel symbols flash when the car is trying to get into, or trying to get out of, 4WD mode. It's a sign that the wait sensor in the transfer case hasn't finished - usually means the servo is not done with moving to where it needs to go to.

That's sometimes caused by binding. If you drive forward and turn both left and right in gentle arcs you should be able to unstick it. If nothing works, then the sensor could be faulty (wouldn't be the first time) or maybe just the electrical connections to the TF need a clean.

Latest posts

Back