3 ltr V6

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badezs

Reaction score
hi guys has anyone done any work to the on the 3ltr V6 engine to get better fuel economy, i know there not a economical engine but im only getting 400km out of a tank and i dont want to put it on gas any ideas?

i can't remember if it applies to that V6 but i thought they can't run on lpg as they run to hot due to internal egr setup.
best bet would be to look up the frontier forums.

Mmmm, if you're talking about the 3.3 VG33E engine, then yes, I feel your pain. I get around 450ks to a tank, not terribly happy with those figures. I've just run a btl of Nulon fuel cleaner through it, (can't hurt), and am looking for a way to boost both performance and fuel economy.

A good exhaust system like those from Beaudesert Exhausts is on the list, as with only 125kw on hand, these V6's do need a bit of help I reckon.

Hoo Roo

3ltr V6

hi guys has anyone done any work to the on the 3ltr V6 engine to get better fuel economy, i know there not a economical engine but im only getting 400km out of a tank and i dont want to put it on gas any ideas?

Badez...i have a STR V6 i have owned from new since 2002. it has done 180,000ks with 120,000 of these on LPG. Its still going fine and my son has tken it over as ipurchased a D40.
I have towed a 16ft caravan around Aus with it as well as it tow a 4.9 mtr boat reguarly. It cost about 45 to $50 to do 450ks on LPG.
I put a upper cylinder lubricator on it and service it reguarly and have had no issues with the LPG system (Parnel system)

Cheers

The VG30E was used in the series 1 D22 and D21.

Have you checked PCOA.net I think it is as the R50 Pathfinder used the same motor.

The heads on the VG30E are the biggest let down, a descent exhaust sytem and a set of extractors will help but I have heard the extractors are a bitch to put on and not cheap to have someone to install.

You can free up the intake, considered chipping it to mod the maps ?

Dave.

Back