2012 ST vs 2011 ST-X

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowFlyer

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to Navaras and am very happy to have found this forum!

I have the opportunity to buy my father-in-law's 2010 D40 ST Duel Cab 4x4. However, after some research decided a 2012 with its upgrades would suit me better. In particular six airbags and the engine improvements (140kW, 450 Nm).

My question is does a 2011 ST-X have similar specs to a 2012 ST? What are the differences? I have found one of each that would suit me for the same price. The ST-X has done 48 000 km (some beach work) and the ST 32 000 km (outback). The ST needs a tub liner, tonneau cover & roof racks for my purposes which the ST-X already has.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi. I'm new to Navaras and am very happy to have found this forum! I have the opportunity to buy my father-in-law's 2010 D40 ST Duel Cab 4x4. However, after some research decided a 2012 with its upgrades would suit me better. In particular six airbags and the engine improvements (140kW, 450 Nm). My question is does a 2011 ST-X have similar specs to a 2012 ST? What are the differences? I have found one of each that would suit me for the same price. The ST-X has done 48 000 km (some beach work) and the ST 32 000 km (outback). The ST needs a tub liner, tonneau cover & roof racks for my purposes which the ST-X already has. Any advice appreciated.

Hey mate welcome. In my opinion go newer if you can they have built the 2012 st's well and extra grunt is never enough..

Welcome, definately go the ST 2012. I have a tubliner for sale if you are interested -straight off my 2013 ST they took it out when they put the set of draws in the back

the 2011 STX is basically the 2012 ST as Nissan rebadged the D40 range in 2012, dropping the STX in the 4cyl and making it only available in the 550 v6.
So the 2011 STX has the same 140kw motor ect

Thanks for the input & the welcome. Confirms what I thought ( especially nathand22's post). Naturally we all want to get the latest model we can but good to know in case I need to fall back on Option B. Not committed to a tub liner, might go the spray-on liner so silvernavman- feel free to open negotiations with Bourke72. Cheers

Where are you located? Am thinking possibly a raptor spray in liner. Would like line-x but hard to find and not cheap. Cheers

Well, I've gone for the 2012 ST, with the accessories I want from ARB including roof bars, tonneau and spray on liner.
Thanks again for the advice.

Congrats and welcome to the club! I've got a 2011 STX pretty much exactly the same as a 2012 ST as previously mentioned just one year older! You certainly won't be disappointed!

Latest posts

Back