2011 D22 Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adoos

Reaction score
Im sure this has been covered plenty of times. I have recently attempted to install a Genuine Nissan snorkel on my d22. Marked it all up, cut the holes checked everything alot before i drilled. Go to put the snorkel in and it just doesnt fit well at all. Has anyone come across this? Im ready to send it into Nissan & look like a clown unless people have some ideas? Do you have to flex the snorkel a bit? I cant even out the nuts on the inside of the panel but it sits on the panel great.

Cheers

It was over five years since i fitted my snorkel on my D22, but i do remember getting the nuts on up in the guard was a pain!!

I think i had to make the bolt holes a bit bigger then the template size just to make them fit.

I have since herd of people taking the guard off fitting the snorkel then putting the guard back with the snorkel attached.

Seems like a crazy idea but after fitting one i actually think it would be quicker and easier in the end.

I thought about it, but it still doesnt help that fact nothing really lines up. Im not a novice when it comes to working on cars but this has me stumpped. I must have done something wrong. Would be easier if they didnt have the ridiculous extension pipe running down the guard.

did you lay the paper layout on top of the snorkel, and check the layout was the exact same as the snorkels bolt hole alignment ?

DSCF7347.jpg

i drilled the bolt holes a bit larger
its a tight fit
and a pain in the arse getting all bolts tight
get someone with small hands and a ratchet ring spanner to help you

I'll be attempting to install mine today, hopefully it works out right... Does anyone know if it's a legal requirement to have the blinker on the side??

I have to move blinker to install snorkel and I was thinking I might just not put the blinker back on.

Latest posts

Back