2007 d40 wont start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shanea

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone can help, I disconnected the battery and when i reconnected it the car wouldn't start. Turned the key it clicked once now nothing, no lights come nothing anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated checked all the fuses none blown

thanks

100% sure the terminals were re-connected the right way round. Does your Nav have a main fuse on the +ve terminal ? I seem to recall there being a main fuse somewhere around the battery, either on the terminal itself or underneath the battery somewhere.

One way to know if you have power reaching everything it should is to pull one of the fuses in the fuse box (any fuse in any fuse box) and check with a multimeter between any ground point and one side of the fuse base to make sure there is 12V present.

yes the terminals are on the right way and have already checked if the fuses are getting power and there is 12 volt present. Don't know what to try next thanks

I'd start by removing the terminals again and giving both the posts on the battery and terminals on the cables a really good clean with a wire brush. You can get ones specifically for cleaning battery terminals. Then try again. Sounds like there is power there but it isn't a good connection so as soon as you turn the key on and the glow system tries to start, one of the battery terminals arcs out and breaks the connection.

Yep, as above, hold your multimeter on the terminals while someone tries to crank the engine.

If the voltage stays constant, then you need to look at relays / fuses because the ignition is not trying to start the car. (i.e. the battery is not being loaded by the starter motor)

If the voltage plummets, then the battery is dead.

No it doesn't crank over at all nothing happens no lights no horn no radio etc but it is
getting power checked with the multimeter. Is really strange and cant work out why and frustrating. I will check the fuel primer when i get home

If there are no lights or anything then check the main fuse and main cables again. Try a replacement battery (borrow a mate's for a moment, but don't forget to put a small battery across his terminals to keep his radio PIN intact).

Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone can help, I disconnected the battery and when i reconnected it the car wouldn't start. Turned the key it clicked once now nothing, no lights come nothing anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated checked all the fuses none blown

thanks

Can we step back a minute, why did you disconnect the battery ? Did you do any work to the car with the battery disconnected ?

Hey guys thanks all for the help, has been resolved it was the ignition switch, there was power going in but no power going out.

Latest posts

Back