12v camping light conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karl

Reaction score
Hey everyone, don't know if you have heard of this some of you might
tuco's 12volt lights

If you go to the link and have a look it will explain how to make the light. Just letting you know i went to bunnings today to pick the globe up and the 12v nelson fluro globe has been discontinued and its for sale for only $15 was $34, its a low wattage and gives off just under 1amp, but puts off as much as a 60watt. so if you want to make a few of these camping lights before it finishes id get to bunnings and ask for one asap

karl

Last edited:
I made 2 of these 3 years ago - they are still going strong and are super bright!!!

I bought a 30m HD extension lead, cut it in half and replace the 240V plugs with merit plugs so each light has 15m of lead. Plenty of lead to get from the car to the tent

I made 2 of these 3 years ago - they are still going strong and are super bright!!!

I bought a 30m HD extension lead, cut it in half and replace the 240V plugs with merit plugs so each light has 15m of lead. Plenty of lead to get from the car to the tent

Ahh nice, ill attempt to make mine up this week, if i have any spare cash i might try and get another if they still have any in stock.
The bloke said to check the wiring? Make sure i run them the right way, any idea what he means? i figured they'd run what ever way they were wired

Youll figure it out by looking at the light fittings.

If your using a cig plug the point is +'ve and the sides are -'ve

Silicon Chip and Electronics Australia magazines (to name two) have been doing different versions of low powered camping lights for the 30 odd years we've been collecting them. Over the years they done a wide range of lights from camp lights to prawn lights most either come in pre-packaged kits or have the circuit diagram in the mag to make your own PCB. They've done a lot of refinements on their kits over the years but for anyone looking at making cheap 12V lighting (and heaps of other 12V stuff) a look at old electronic mags like the two above is a good step.

Latest posts

Back