ZD30 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryce

Reaction score
Just a question for all the people who have intercooled there ZD30.

Are you measuring the temp after the intercooler?
And if you are what temp are you getting.

I have just put a Water to air kit on mine and under normal driving (city) the temp is about 35 and out on the highway it is around 45.

I think this is good. was just wondering how everyone elses DIY kits are going.

Cant help you with that one, i'm yet to inter-cool.

Although I and i'm sure others would like to see some pics of your Intercooler setup as i have decided to go down the W2A path when the time comes.

Just a quick question regarding air to air intercoolers, as im not mechanically minded. If i have a front mount air to air intercooler, would going through water crossings damage or affect the intercooler? Are they like air filters? aka taking in water = rooted car?

Thanks in advance

Brett

nah mate. they are more like a radiator accept the air from the turbo passes threw the small channels and the heat is radiated and as air from outside blows in between these channels it has a cooling effect on the compressed air coming from your turbo.. the only way u can get water into your engine threw an intercooler is if u go threw water and accidentally pierce threw it with a stick or rock or log, or if your pipe connections are not done up properly and one of your pipes pops off. but as long as your connections are done up and your intercooler is well protected with a bull bar you shouldn't have any dramas

Back