YouTune chip problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooster

Reaction score
I have a 2008 D22 2.5crd 4x4 duel cab. 12 months ago I fitted a YouTune chip that supposedly came preset for my engine. All seemed ok until a month ago when the engine developed a 'diesel knock" at low revs. Above 2000 revs the engine settled down. I contacted the guy I bought the chip off who suggested re-setting the unit which I did on his instructions. (apparently the chip was not set for my engine from the start). This seemed to make the engine run quieter but it lost some of the power and torque. after a week or so the problem reappeared so I removed the chip and the knock quietened down slightly however after a couple of days it returned, and the engine now had a slight miss.
My mechanic tells me an injector is the problem (which one) so now its getting all the injectors looked at.
Has anyone else had this problem. Not sure if the chip has caused it.
I must add that the injectors have only done 60k.

Considering that chip probably only tells the ecu to raise the fuel rail pressure there's a very good chance that an injector has failed or is failing. Which one you couldn't tell without pulling them out, unless the Nissan diagnostic system can pick which one... When you say only 60k km on the injectors is that since new ones were fitted or is that how many km are on the vehicle?

Have you run through/ considered running through some injector cleaner??

Latest posts

Back