YJN 89A build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YJN 89A

Reaction score
Gday thought Id do up a bit of a build thread on my rig. Bought it new in 2010 with no idea how addicted I would become to it and the whole 4x4 scene.
It stayed stock as a rock for the first year and then came the mods. First came a new set of shoes I bought a set of MTZ's 265/75/16 on the MT side bitter rims.

Next came the 2 Inch Dobinson lift kit. I severely under estimated the amount of weight in the trailer I tow for work so it didn't take long for the comfort springs to sag in the rear end so I ordered a load assist leaf. The leaf ended up giving me close to another inch of rear lift which made the angle towards the front much more noticeable. I wound up the torsion bars to level it out so I thought that problem was fixed until I drove it and it floated like a boat.

Then came the Xrox bar and winch. Pretty stoked with how it looks with the bar, deffinelty rate them highly!

Next on the list was a set of Calmini upper control arms and Blistein 3 inch heavy duty shocks to level it out. Ordered both from America and surprisingly it all turned up in about 2 weeks and saved me close to $500!! Whilst replacing these I also put in a set of Superior Engineering tie rod adjusters. Replacing the front suspension is easily the best mod I've done. The steering is so much more direct and the car doesn't float around the tracks like a boat anymore! So after the load assist leaf in the rear and the new 3 inch front shocks and control arms Id be happy to say I've got 3 inches of lift out of my suspension set up.

Next on the list was a light bar, snorkel and UHF. Installed the GME 3100 UHF and its awesome, highly recommend it mainly for the small size and because you can flip the interface on it so you can mount it upside down and still read the numbers. Had a dilemma with the snorkel tho, stupid me rushed and didn't read the fine print and ordered a tigerz11 snorkel for a good price, but it has cost me more because the piping that connects to the airbox doesn't allow for the second battery. So its currently in the shop getting custom mandrel bent piping made up for it which will be running above the front wheel in the wheel arch.

Next on the mod list is removable roof racks and awning then a exhaust. Then I think it will be done, but Im sure something else will come up, always does!!

Havnt got a photo yet with the new front suspension when I'll post up a photo of the new height when I get a chance.

Photos from left to right, 2 inch lit installed, Xrox getting installed, Xrox installed and out wheeling, testing out the flex, lightbar and UHF fitted.

Attachments

• IMG_2139.jpg
    IMG_2139.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 16,729
  • IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2318.jpg
    IMG_2318.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 159
Looking good mate
they are a fairly tough ute straight out of the box
what did you pay for the uca's and bilsteins?
cheers

Looking good mate
they are a fairly tough ute straight out of the box
what did you pay for the uca's and bilsteins?
cheers

Thanks mate yeah not wrong almost bulletproof! I paid 578 US for the control arms and 203 US for the blisteins. Would convert to around 600 and 230 I think. And that included shipping to my door in Canberra. Deffinely worth the money tho!

Looks the goods mate! Well done on the build so far. I just bought and fitted the same shocks and calmini gear over the Xmas brake words really can't describe how much better it is then stock :)

Looks the goods mate! Well done on the build so far. I just bought and fitted the same shocks and calmini gear over the Xmas brake words really can't describe how much better it is then stock :)

Not wrong storm83! Makes it a lot more enjoyable to drive! Should have fitted that set up when I first lifted the car would have saved a lot of troubles!! How does your 3inch exhaust go? Considering that or the 2.75 beaudesert system.

Not wrong storm83! Makes it a lot more enjoyable to drive! Should have fitted that set up when I first lifted the car would have saved a lot of troubles!! How does your 3inch exhaust go? Considering that or the 2.75 beaudesert system.

My 3 inch is ok not the best quality for the money I paid but u get that sometimes. The beaudesert is heaps better my brother has one in s/s on his d22 and it is sweet as a1 workman ship. Been thinking about getting one myself not chip but ! But in saying that u do get what u pay for

Looks the goods. I do like the xrox but as its not my daily the wife got the bulk of the appearance choices to the ute. I can recommend the beauy system aswell. Was an easy fit but i do recommend pulling everything out of the box and doing your own check before atempting the fit. They were missing gaskets and bolts from mine but they delivered them the same afternoon in person.

As for you saying thats it on the ute i have done it a few times now. You always find something to add on. My wqnts list is short but the todo list is long

I see well sounds like the beaudesert might be the way to go then. Just bought a house so might take a while to get it. Yeah I no there will be something else to buy, now considering upgrading the head unit and posibly installing a reverse camera so it's easy to hook my work trailer up by myself. Thanks for the feedback guys pretty stoked on how my ute has turned out!!

So just got bitten by the get what you pay for bug, again. When I fitted my Xrox bar I also fitted a 12,000 lbd tigerz 11 grande winch. Have actually used it once on the tracks and numerous times on the drive way to check its still working. Went to do the same before easter and no go. Just a clicking sound. After researching what could be the problem I checked all connections to battery and winch. Now the clicking has stopped. Ordered a new solenoid and fitted today and still nothing. This is the second item Ive purchased from Tigerz 11 that has broken. Had a compressor go bust after about 4 uses. So warning to all you deffinetly get what you pay for. Going to install a Warn winch in the coming months with a guarantee from my mechanic that no matter what I do to the Warn, Ill never break it, hopefully he is right!!

So just got bitten by the get what you pay for bug, again. When I fitted my Xrox bar I also fitted a 12,000 lbd tigerz 11 grande winch. Have actually used it once on the tracks and numerous times on the drive way to check its still working. Went to do the same before easter and no go. Just a clicking sound. After researching what could be the problem I checked all connections to battery and winch. Now the clicking has stopped. Ordered a new solenoid and fitted today and still nothing. This is the second item Ive purchased from Tigerz 11 that has broken. Had a compressor go bust after about 4 uses. So warning to all you deffinetly get what you pay for. Going to install a Warn winch in the coming months with a guarantee from my mechanic that no matter what I do to the Warn, Ill never break it, hopefully he is right!!

Get your fingers stuck in there this time?

Back