YD25: is it really a dog?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realise the longer this thread goes for the more fors and againsts you'll get but in no way will they get any more accurate as time goes.

The only possible way you can get an accurate figure of just how good or bad the YD's are is to ask Nissan how many warranties they have done worldwide, and that aint going to happen.

How many of those who bag out the YD actually have one? How many of those who suggest they aren't so bad actually have one? It's the Great Wall debate all over again. We all supposedly hate GW's because they are GW's, very few hate them because they have actually owned or even driven one, yet the majority of GW owners like them. If you seriously thought you'd get an answer to your question on a forum you were naive.

I know, I know. But its always better to have these internal debates in public.

Its a car forum - navara forum at that. So there'll be no straying off topic - you hear!

Its a car forum - navara forum at that. So there'll be no straying off topic - you hear!
you better buy a D40 then nothing ever goes wrong on them, more bullet proof then the dmax.

like those 3 timing chain threads just on the first page of the engines section are most likely user error.

you better buy a D40 then nothing ever goes wrong on them, more bullet proof then the dmax.

like those 3 timing chain threads just on the first page of the engines section are most likely user error.

yeah mate your spot on they are all destined for failure, BUT you keep saying D40 do you forget the YD2.5's are in the D22 as well and the Pathfinder??
I must of just got really lucky with my last one and didnt have any probs for 100k other then a suction control valve which was covered under warranty, and my brother who bought it must be due for heaps of drama now that he has done close to 30k in it, i best ring him and warn him that its about TO BLOW!!

listen to 180 everyone sell, burn or burry your D40 quick but dont worry if the YD2.5 is in your D22 because it will be ok.
Oh and nothing ever goes wrong with the Zd30 motor ever, as long as you dont count, turbo's breaking to bits and going through your motor, fuel pumps failing, blowing holes in pistons,

yeah mate your spot on they are all destined for failure, BUT you keep saying D40 do you forget the YD2.5's are in the D22 as well and the Pathfinder??
I must of just got really lucky with my last one and didnt have any probs for 100k other then a suction control valve which was covered under warranty, and my brother who bought it must be due for heaps of drama now that he has done close to 30k in it, i best ring him and warn him that its about TO BLOW!!

listen to 180 everyone sell, burn or burry your D40 quick but dont worry if the YD2.5 is in your D22 because it will be ok.
Oh and nothing ever goes wrong with the Zd30 motor ever, as long as you dont count, turbo's breaking to bits and going through your motor, fuel pumps failing, blowing holes in pistons,
The YD25 in D22 doesn't make enough power to hurt itself :rofl2:

how about this guys "cracking zd30 he had a dream run, blown head, holed pistons and blown turbo
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=22441

or this guy whos engine just stops
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=22499

another blown turbo and intern destroyed the engine
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=21722

this zd30 has a miss fire, and loss of power that cant be found
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=19321

this one has engine knock lots of smoke and no power
ttp://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=21823

I think this shows its not just the YD2.5 that can be picked fro issues, like most know i owned a stock ZD30 and loved it and i never had o problem for 370.000km, BUT if you want to you can find people who have had problems BUT it in know way prooves they are all duds.

I thunk you all need to chill, all cars have some sort of issues, made up reputations coz a few have had a similar or same issue, hundreds of thousands of cars are sold every day doesnt mean they are all bad.
Make a comparison as previously mentioned ie:if 20,000 out of 100,000 have the same issue then maybe the alarm bells will start ringing, but if its far less ist just scare mongering no matter what brand or what car they are whinging about.
I have a D22 2.5 and when i go off road im not gentle in the slightest, if it breaks i fix it, make it stronger and move on. (note: that i have not had a single issue with the 2.5). When im not trying to break it off road i drive it every day around Sydney CBD, clutch in clutch out especially in peak hour traffic. Yet still no issue. in saying that i also drive a brand new swift sports and oh look....no issues. Point is every brand of car has a nigling issue, why loose sleep over it, if its going to break, its going to break, you cant prevent it, you cant forsee it.
We`ve had an old skool hilux since new and its is still running with over 480,000k`s and only a radiator issue in all that time, We`ve had farmer friends with landcruisers (old and new) with the same on them, the old man has had the Navara which was a lemon, broke, diff`s, gearbox`s and clutches all in a 3yr period, he now drives a colorado, has over a tunne on the back every day constantly with no issues. Says no other 4x4 compares.
I`d say buy a car YOU want and are happy to own, drive it, treat as YOU want and see what happens the biggest factor is personal comfort and enjoyment.
Thats the end of my story and just my two cents

The YD25 in D22 doesn't make enough power to hurt itself :rofl2:

But power has nothing to do with it, after all you said "its not a matter of if but when with these motors"

Oh but because you own a D22 it must exclude all D22's from your tar brush

I want three cents worth!

I once had a 140Y motor that needed a rebuild. It's no wonder YD's are such a fcuked unit when they made 140's that needed to be rebuilt. I should have seen the writing on the wall.

Latest posts

Back