winch install on factory nudge bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camo.b

Reaction score
I can fabricate just about anything so i am planning on utilizing the factory nudge and fitting the winch within it.apart from airbags and mabee space can anyone else think of any probs i may have?

Wow didnt realize anyone made one. ...i have the nudge off atm.....not much in it same as the skid plate.fancy bit of tin isnt it......i see how its all airbag compatable now.will check out tiger now

anyone know where the airbag sensors are on the front of a king cab? Trying to design around the nudge/colapasable mounts/and bag sensors....getting some good ideas flowing now.

I have no use for this at all but would be interested in seeing some pics once you are done as I can not think of any way you could do this so it is 1 legal and 2 doesn't look sh*t.

Has anyone user one of these mounting plates with a standard d40 navara front bar?

Has anyone user one of these mounting plates with a standard d40 navara front bar?

I also thinking this too....found the mount plates but dont think they will be usefull seen pretty flimsy for a direct boltup.im thinking now of a mount that uses all of the bullbar mounts.you will need to remove the front nudge and front panal...remove the pressed steel bumper bar brace that bolts to the front of the chassis and fit this in its place.should have the space needed then refitt the front body plastic might need a small haircut for the fairhead.then refitt the nudge if required.when the winch arrives i will teardown the nav and start fabbing

yep thats pretty much what i was thinking...just a snugger fit to the body plastic...seems a bit pricy at 1068 pound too..was aiming to see less of the winch motor and more just the fairhead rollers....ie winch on its side with the mounting bolts facing forward as its suppose to be 160mm in depth and 230 odd mm high.so if the nudge bar makes it back onto the car it will need a rectangle cut out and the flotation device/plastic bottom of the bar,resealed and mabee a hinged number plate so i can access the hook....so i suppose im still going ahead. excellent link womble !!!

yep thats pretty much what i was thinking...just a snugger fit to the body plastic...seems a bit pricy at 1068 pound too..was aiming to see less of the winch motor and more just the fairhead rollers....ie winch on its side with the mounting bolts facing forward as its suppose to be 160mm in depth and 230 odd mm high.so if the nudge bar makes it back onto the car it will need a rectangle cut out and the flotation device/plastic bottom of the bar,resealed and mabee a hinged number plate so i can access the hook....so i suppose im still going ahead. excellent link womble !!!

Camo.b also found this thought you might be interested in it http://katalog.taubenreuther.info/asfir/asfir_nissan_pathfinder.pdf

Found that to womble.got some pics for all.will post some more of the build tomorrow.

ForumRunner_20120901_160931.jpg

Latest posts

Back