What's this cable/connector for?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briscott

Reaction score
Hey, just looking for a nice and easy spot to pick up power for my dual battery solenoid and testing showed this fella came on with the ignition. Just want to make sure it isn't going to go away or do anything odd (like turn off or cycle) until I shut the engine down.

50014i_20.jpeg

I'm talking about the vertical grey connector just behind the battery. You can just see the top of it between the battery and fuse box in the image above.

Thanks in advance (for any better ideas too!).

Scott

i just ran mine directly from the ignition, found the wire that became active when the vehicle was switched to ON and not ACC and clipped on to that.

but if that grey cable is giving you the same readings......why not?

Can't really see what you're referring too but I just used a standard connector off the nut on the terminal.

Can't you trace that wire somewhere to give you an idea what it goes into? Even tracing it into a loom, or a box or something descriptive could help. It probably wont matter if it has the right volts at the right time as Tim says but if it were me I'd still try to trace it back somewhere for my own peace of mind.

Thanks blokes, been away and for the past few days. Not certain what it was but it disappeared some time after starting so was not ideal. Found another quick and easy spot in the pass side fuse box/relay box that does the trick nicely.

Latest posts

Back