whats the differences between a plug and play chip and tuning your ute?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes i am also keen on tinning my ute. can you recommend me a reputable ute tinner? i had my tinny tinned, perfomance increase exceeded my expectations.

I think he means getting a chip sent to him vs getting one custom tuned.

Custom tuning will always be better because it can be tuned specifically for your car both on the dyno and on the road. A mail order chip that you plug in yourself will still work and be better the standard but it's a compilation of all the tunes put into what one would deem to be the best tune for your car without actually seeing your car on the dyno

Depends on the Chip I guess and the quality of the factory tunes in the Chip.

My Chip can be tuned by when we stuck on the dyno everything looked fine so we left as is.

I think he means getting a chip sent to him vs getting one custom tuned.

Custom tuning will always be better because it can be tuned specifically for your car both on the dyno and on the road. A mail order chip that you plug in yourself will still work and be better the standard but it's a compilation of all the tunes put into what one would deem to be the best tune for your car without actually seeing your car on the dyno

thankyou mate.
for you other guys, there are some people on this forum that aren't car junkies
a simple average joes response was all i was looking for instead of a heap more questions that confuse the shit outta me.

I'm sure you could have figured out i didn't have much knowledge by the way i asked the question

i think he means tuning.

i would guess its fairly rare to tune an individual D40. most places have already rewritten the maps and just flash the ecu.
if you have something very different, like 300+hp, then i guess they could put it on a dyno and write a map just for your D40. it just very $$$$

thankyou mate.
for you other guys, there are some people on this forum that aren't car junkies
a simple average joes response was all i was looking for instead of a heap more questions that confuse the shit outta me.

I'm sure you could have figured out i didn't have much knowledge by the way i asked the question

Apologies if that's what happened, but when you had tinning typed i had no idea so was actually interested in if it was some other way of bumping up a vehicle's performance.

i got my ute "custom tinned" pretty impressed. i havent driven 1 with steinbauer or tuneit etc chips so cant compare.

mine got 2 tunes but pretty sure other plug and play options comes with upto 9 different settings/tunes.

i felt it was a safer option getting it done on a dyno as they can see whats going on.

Latest posts

Back