What do you think my chances are for warranty?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
As the title says.

I've only done 18600km and I have the factory rubber mats but because of the rise in the floor in front of the accelerator pedal I'm wearing out the carpet already. It's hard to see in the picture but it's the slightly lighter patch inside the red circle.

I bet Nissan say it's wear and tear but with less than 20,000km on the clock it shouldn't be wearing out. I might need to see about adding to the factory mat with a piece of rubber to stop it getting worse.

Attachments

• 20160228_164858.jpg
    20160228_164858.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 219
  • 20160228_164923.jpg
    20160228_164923.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 196
even if you can get warranty (which i am fairly sure you wont) why would you remove half of the cabin just to replace the carpet.

Well if it was under warranty, why wouldn't you let Nissan pay.

because they will most likely f@ck up with the repair, and half of wiring distrurbed wont plug in properly, seats will rattle and main console will be shaky lol

Id make it look a lot cleaner before taking it in. Dont like your chances either way, but in saying that. I never had any problems claiming warranty on mine when i had it.

Crappy design. Of course its going to wear out there. What is that square thing under the carpet anyway? And why dont the factory rubber mats, that they charge you a fortune for, cover it?
Hard to tell from pics but it looks more dusty than worn. Might look better with a clean? I'd try and find a way to cover it if its not too bad yet. New carpet will wear exactly the same, but cant hurt to try and get warranty out of them if you feel strongly enough about it.

I might mention it at some stage. I wouldn't get it done yet. I only normally keep my uses 3 years (200.000km) but if it gets worse I might go done the warranty road when it gets close to expiring next year.

Have to agree with the consensus of everyone here, it's not likely going to be a warranty replacement but if your an excellent customer to the dealer, they will replace it for you if they will make alot more money from you down the track.

Latest posts

Back