what brand to use

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slyd40

Reaction score
as above said what brand are people using for there 2' lift kits shocks and spring ? because i am mechanic i have tryed getting from my suppliers to no help

I've got the Old man emu kit. I don't think it's the highest lift out there but I'm extremely happy with it. On road handling is as good, perhaps better than standard and obviously a heap better offroad. I would definately go for it again.

Another vote for Old Man Emu. Quality and after sales support are, in my opinion, second to none. Have used OME gear on several 4wds now and have never looked back. Will continue to use their gear on future vehicles as well.

I don't think the brand is important. Spring rates, bump/rebound settings is what you need to know to get suspension that will work for you.

ironman 2" lift kit with toughdog shocks would def recommend them both better ride on and 4x4 then standard with great wheel travel.

I vote OME. I have the sports shocks and struts springs etc in mine and they are good.
Height is not the highest I have seen but it is like that for a reason. I have seen several lovels and tjm lifts that look great but have serious upper control arm to spring tower contact problems. Also rear brake line issues.

OME has 3 year warranty on the new sports shocks too. See if you can find someone who has a lift in theres to go for a drive in. Especially different brands as this will give you an idea of any differences in ride quality.

Bit of a bonus with ome that you can walk into any ARB Australia wide and get service/warranty sorted out as long as ya have ya paperwork etc.

Yeah, the OME Sport shocks are great - have them on my D40 and would never look back. My mate who runs the ARB store in Canberra offered them to me at a very good price as they were the first set to be fitted to a D40 in the Canberra region and they wanted the feedback - good ride quality/handling compromise...and that combination is ALWAYS a compromise...

I would disagree with you on one thing GU - you don't need your paperwork with you for after sales backup anywhere in Aus - all you need to do is remember where you bought your gear. I've found ARB outlets very helpful, and they will call the outlet that sold you your gear ad check details to make sure all is kosher. That's what I call good service :) Mind you, I've only had it happen once - that was with a damper that fractured a weld on a stone deflector about 10 years or so ago. Nothing hugely serious, but worth getting fixed none the less. All sorted in about 40 minutes from the point of driving in the door to driving out the door again. Can't be much happier than that...

Several good friends of mine in the Grey Army all use ARB gear exclusively for this very reason. One of them has had a couple of problems with the bullbar on his 200 series cruiser. First problems surfaced in central Aus. ARB head ofice in Melbourne authorised interim repairs (completed by some engineering place place in woop-woop) over the phone and arranged for the cost of the repairs to be electronically deposited that same day into their bank account. I think it was when they got to Adelaide, the bar was inspected and replaced. Done deal.

Sorry, slightly off topic, but with that kind of after sales support a company who supports their products like that will always get my money.

Last edited:
ome toughdog ifs iv heard good feedbacks ironman have = neg and pos...apparently if anything goes wrong with ironman gear they dont want to hear from you...thats what iv been told...different dealers different service i suppose...but ironman seems value for money for 3yr 100k warranty but then again their market sales strategy def outway their service

im getting the 4" from cal in 2 weeks so cant rate it. mates have ome and toughdog with no issues..they're bit dearer but worth it i reckon

Im getting a lift on my d40 today. Suspension I'm putting on is Ride Pro. From what I heard the shockers are made by Gabriel and the Spings are made by Dobinson ,QLD

If im wrong please correct me.

I will post a pic up of the ute when I get it back.

I measured from centre axle to bottom of wheel arch @ each corner height 500mm standard.

Im getting a lift on my d40 today. Suspension I'm putting on is Ride Pro. From what I heard the shockers are made by Gabriel and the Spings are made by Dobinson ,QLD

If im wrong please correct me.

I will post a pic up of the ute when I get it back.

I measured from centre axle to bottom of wheel arch @ each corner height 500mm standard.

did u get a pre side shot of the car before taking it to the workshop??

No, was going too! wish I had, bloody peanut i am. I've been crook last couple of day so motivation to doing has been low, especially after a full days of work.

Sorry fella.

Cheers

TC

Back