Visible Tattoo's.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a couple of school teachers with a full sleeve tattoo. I know a few firies as well and look at the number of cops with full visible tatts. Tatts never stopped me from getting work either. Probably pay to cover them up for the interview and once you get the job and let people get to know you then wear a t shirt. T

i have a forearm tattoo but a lot of thought went it to putting it there before i did it.
also i supposed been in the trades i don't have to look like a business man although a lot of them have them now they just cover them up with there suits.

I know a high school principal that on the piss one night told all and sundry (not with his staff present, mind) that he would sack any of his staff that got a tattoo or a piercing. Not that he would sack them for the tat or piercing, but would find another pretext. Claimed it would affect the culture of the school and the way parents preceived the school. (Didn't particularly like this fella, it was at a conference. He was also Victorian).

Legally they can't, but you will find principals that won't like it. Another story - I know a principal that tried to move on a prep teacher simply because he was a man and parents complained that he shouldn't be working with little kids (I've had the same 'complaint' made against me too in the past).

Any reason you didn't think to ask the question before getting the tat? :p

I've got both upper arms done got them when I was 17, I made a conscious decision not to go past what I can easily cover up.
I recently took on a bloke who turned up to interview in a T-Shirt his arm covered. Doesn't matter to me. Then I sacked him cos he was totally useless.
Another bloke I have working for me has a tat on his hand of two skateboards crossed over, looks like a swastika, I asked him to cover it up which he does every day with a plaster

When we were employing truck drivers the only tatts we didn't allow was facial tatts or like above tatts that may be deemed offensive. Our drivers had regular customer contact and certain tatts were just not acceptable to all circumstances and like above the one time we had to request it the driver was happy to cover up while in customer contact.

Part of the uniform policy for Woolworths is that you cant have any visible tattoos, I kept min to just above the t-shirt line on my arm because of this. 1 of my staff has a full sleeve and he was well aware of the policy so he where's long sleeve shirts every day even when it's stinking hot. I do know quite a few store managers from Melbourne stores that have visible tattoos on there neck and arms and they get away with it a bit more as it seems a bit more acceptable in Melbourne rather than in regional Vic. I have no issues with them at all but it is the perception that our customers get, and unfortunately we are all to often judged on face value.

if they do arc up just show them this pic & they should realise what you have is not that bad.
futattoo.jpg

I walk down the street these days and wonder if I am the only guy in town with no tatts.

There beeping everywhere.

You're not alone Dave! I have a personal rule to not be slave to either fad or fashion, especially something as permenant as ink. "butterfly today" "moth tomorrow" :)

PS. I'm a religious nut anyhow! And kinda strange as well.

Cheers Brad

What difference does it make if you're a chef in a hot kitchen with tatts all over your ass anyway? The customers can't see them.

Makes no difference in the restaurant kitchen as all that can see it is the owner, manager and staff, so you don't have to worry about offending some customers.

However, he is talking about being a Physical Education Teacher and that is an entirely different matter as it is about the impression given to children.

Schools generally tend to be fairly conservative places and there are a whole string of people who can take offence from principal, staff, other teachers and worse parents. Despite the impression pollies like to go on with, schools are about a whole range of people working together, co-operatively. so if one part takes a dislike, then the outcome isn't as great.

That said, it is a bit late now to ask the question. You are going to have to decided whether you raise it at all interviews, engage in a lifetime of cover-up, have it removed or just let it flow.

I did a web search but there was nothing on NSW Dept of Education teacher tattoos.

I walk down the street these days and wonder if I am the only guy in town with no tatts.

Oh so that thing you showed me is a birth mark and not a tattoo? Either way I think I'd get a doctor to check it out if I was you!

Not sure if any of you have been watching master chef this season, but 1 of the contestants is Ben a secondary school teacher, he has a full sleeve on his left arm and small tattoos on his rite hand that look home or prison done to me.
Ben-300x400.jpg

I had a quick read up on tattoos on teachers. Most from what I gather is people who don't have them are saying they are pointless and a waste of money. In between all the lame comments left by people was some good info such as, catholic and private schools would be more against them then a public school. Also primary teachers wouldnt have them due to young minds being so open to things. High school teaching would be different though due to the fact that some may already have one ( year 12) and that most professional footballers and their idols are covered in tattoos.

I'm just going to go with the flow and see what happens. As people have said, they hire for your achievements and abilities. But if they bring your looks into it, then they aren't worth your time!

Not sure if any of you have been watching master chef this season, but 1 of the contestants is Ben a secondary school teacher, he has a full sleeve on his left arm and small tattoos on his rite hand that look home or prison done to me.
Ben-300x400.jpg

what a faggot^^

Latest posts

Back