V9x

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
VX9 diagnostics
I have a 3.0 v6 navara and will not start which data is the best ?
Thanks

Ps when ignition is turned on the dial flickering is this normal ?

Ps when

You might need to get someone to hook up a workshop diagnostic tool to it. If you can find a bluetooth OBD ELM327 adapter and get the Android app Torque to it you will get the answer, otherwise it's a workshop tool. Lubemobile have these and you can always call them and ask how much they'd charge to stop and get any codes from the ECU. But ... that might not be necessary.

Which dial is flickering? The instrument cluster? That could be:

- Bad battery. Try another vehicle battery - the V9X uses lots of amps to turn the engine over so don't use a battery out of a little car.

- Bad earth on the instrument panel. Usually shared with the stereo and often plays up if the stereo is removed.

Was the engine running before? Did it exhibit any odd symptoms, loud noises, did it stop suddenly?

What happens if you turn the key to 'start' ?

If the engine turns over, can you smell diesel in the exhaust?

it has starting issues with last owner he said he had to disconnect battery to resolve
He took to a guy to sort and he decided that the timing was out but did not want to do any thing else
As a precaution I replaced timing chains etc prior to trying to start
I had to replace crank sensor as was missing
Turns over all ok fuel seam ok from pump and fuel at injector
I am convinced it’s immobilised as no voltage at injector
When ignition is switched on the clocks do a full movement then back to normal then flickers for a second ?
Another odd thing there was a spare plug net pump which I could not firn a connection,on closer inspection it is a Mercedes plug being wired into the 2 wire plug for the pump valve ????
Almost like a link for the pump

Had a development on issue
Got hold of a OBD2 but would not connect,checked fuse beside glovebox and was not in correctly
Now have link clock no longer flicker and immobiliser nor shown on dash as ok
Will try starting today

Back