Urgent HELP: Fitting instructions for Factory Steel Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmacca

Reaction score
Guys.....

I'm in the middle of trying to fit my Nissan factory Steel Winch bar and being 2nd hand, it hasn't have fitting instructions.
The Bar has never been fitted to a car and there's a hell of alot of Bolts; Washers; spring washers of various sizes....

Can anyone post up a copy of the fitting instructions that we help me find out where all these nuts / bolts go.....

If you have a look on the ironman site they have fitting instructions not the same bar but should mount similar u would think/

just stuck my head under my ute, not too sure on how different the D22's are to the D40's but i have a factory winch bar on mine and by the looks of it its just mounted on by 8 bolts, four in each side in a square pattern.

How different would an ARB bar mounting be to the nissan bar ? I can run out and snap a few photos of mine if that may help...

Guys.....

I'm in the middle of trying to fit my Nissan factory Steel Winch bar and being 2nd hand, it hasn't have fitting instructions.
The Bar has never been fitted to a car and there's a hell of alot of Bolts; Washers; spring washers of various sizes....

Can anyone post up a copy of the fitting instructions that we help me find out where all these nuts / bolts go.....

Have sent you a PM

just stuck my head under my ute, not too sure on how different the D22's are to the D40's but i have a factory winch bar on mine and by the looks of it its just mounted on by 8 bolts, four in each side in a square pattern.

Sounds like its a bit different..... I've got 3 bolts each side... The factory recovery spot is used for one of the bigger bolts. The other 2 are the original 2 bolt holes in the front part of the chassis that protrudes out the front

DSC00046-1.jpg

DSC00047-2.jpg

DSC00048-1.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

Dont mind the wiring, thats a temp job. Will fix that tomorrow.

Thanks Dave... that helped comfirm that I had those mounting bolts in the right spot. But did u have a lot of smaller nuts/bolts/nut inserts,etc that came with your bar? I'm missing the bottom protection plate, so I reckon that's where some would be used.....

BTW... that pic (see below) is that the intake pipe for your InterCooler? How close is your b/bar mount come to this pipe? Mines only a couple of mm's

Yeah the other small bolts and the nuts that clip in are for the bash plate.

That intercooler in coming off soon, waiting on my Northside intercooler.

Never liked how it went through the mount. I have a new mount in the tray, gotta go get that powder coated aswell to match the bullbar.

I've got one of the Northside Intercoolers and the bottom pipe is only about 1>2mm clearance from the B/bar bracket..... wouldn't like to get a hit in the front otherwise u can kiss goodbye to the IC..... When time permits, I might remove the B/bar bracket on that side and cut out a section of the bracket to give more clearance....

rob

Can you grab a pic of the clearance when you can.

I am heading to the pub in a minute, so tomorrow is cool.

Finished installing my bar but had a few leftover parts - Does anyone know what this bracket is used for:
D22BullbarFitting006.jpg

D22BullbarFitting007.jpg

This is ALL the leftover Nuts/Bolts after installation..... Some would be for the Protection Plate that bolts to the bar but mine didn't come with that plate so I've got to make something up to protect the Radiator & Power Steering Cooler - Here's all the leftover bolts, etc:
D22BullbarFitting003.jpg

I have no idea what these would be used for:
D22BullbarFitting004.jpg

Latest posts

Back