Tub Lighting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyv

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm after suggestions for the best way to light the tub up, I've been looking at LED strip lighting but I'm honestly not to sure. Where to start.

I bought an LED light bar from Ebay for $40 and mounted it to an ariel mount to the sports bar, lights the tub nicely and beyond it if you need to.

I have a batt in the tub and i ran the wire through my sports bar down to it via small hole i drilled behind the ariel bracket i mounted. You could easily do the same and run the wire along the top of your chassis to the bonnet

http://bit.ly/RJaVrF. Use this around ya tub if ya have battery in the back. Will light the hole tub up. Have one in the canopy. (Dnt worry it hanging down haha. Needs some sticky)

Attachments

• image-1263940772.jpg
    image-1263940772.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
I just bought a 5m led strip 5050 pre wired with a female plug. Ran it around tub and bought an ac power plug and just plug into cig lighter when ever I need light. 5050 how ever is way too bright. Will be good for fishing in the middle of tassie

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

I'm wondering if there would be a creative way to hook it up to accessories on the ignition and throw a switch in the interior.

All awesome info, that strip lighting looks to be the money shot!

I'm actually installing Blue Apple Thumper as a dual battery setup in my D40.
I;ve also gotten a power distribution box to mount in the tub that will be wired to the main battery normally (Andersen plug) but can be connected to the thumper when it is installed! This will give me 2x merit plugs, 1x 50A andersen and a volt meter in the tub!
I bought some LED strip lights, but theyre too good to "sacrifice" in the tub, so i'm going to get some of the double sided 5050 LED strip light, and just connect it to the distribution box through a switch!
Switch will be under the tonneau so not too worried about someone turning it on accidentally or to flatten my battery. (Also will only connect the andersen when i need juice out back!)

Lots of options :)
I'll try and take some pictures!

Back