Transfer chain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine was fine till it had stretched then it just keep skipping teeth constantly then it went bang and no front drive.
Id say it got driven on road..

mmm, seems a pretty common occurance, especially in the US.

Posted a link in the tech article section for anyone interested.

What they look like, (aparrently chain is scraping against the outside of the case)
StretchedTransferChain.jpg

yep thats were i got the info on the older cases. they run up to 38-40s on d21 cases.

hmm ill keep it in mind when my next one goes.
obviusly ill try and get it on warrenty

i had a really good video example of the chain noise but i cant find it.

you can hear it in this one at the end tho
YouTube - MOV00461

and yeah your chain is stretched...

Bugger. I have seen a vid of yours going up camp rd. Is that the one? Your mate lets us know you'd done another chain. Pretty weak. I am seriously considering selling now. This info would've been great before i spent $$ putting Susp, body and 285's on mine.

Joshy do you thing finding a d21 case is the go? or just fix it and sell it! haha

nah theres an even better one then the camp road drive. its just a rock step up but its constant chain slip.

the americans say its worth getting a d21 case, but i never got around to it and i dont know anyone in aus that has. but if you do a few searches on american forums there running up to 38's on d21 cases. wether u should sell it or not...depends how much u like the rest of the truck.

cheers mate. pretty upsetting really. i did really like the truck. but now with an extremely vaunerable weak point, i dont know. No wonder everyone drives patrols....

Grave dig.

My chain is close to totally stuffed now.

You can't bolt in the D21 case in Australia to a D22 as we didn't get the V6 4x4 like the US market did, and the spline count is different between D21 4-bangers and D22 4 and 6-bangers.

I'd argue it's not any stronger anyway - I've inherited both a stretched-chain D21 case and a stretched-chain D22 series 1 (early) and neither of them was rock crawling, just driving on hard surfaces in 4x4 would be my assumption. No lockers in either.

So the solution is to just keep replacing it with another D22 case.

Latest posts

Back