Transfer box plugs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inksta12369

Reaction score
I have bought a new set of 4wd switches to change within the transfer casing, but I've noticed that who ever changed them last broke the catches on the plugs and used glue to hold the in. I would like to know what type of plug these are called so i can order some more, even if they are not genuine Nissan part. I've added a picture of the plugs.
Capture.PNG

I've been successful in the past by using a ty-wrap to secure plugs. Not as neat as a new plug, but a lot cleaner than glue.
Of course, you might not be able to secure a tywrap around them.

I have thought of using a tywrap, but as I've been having issues with the 4wd I just want a secure connection to rule out the connections being any problems. I'm experiencing the yellow warning light on the dash and I've already change one set of switches. I'm now doing a elimination process and one is getting the right secure plugs.

Thanks for the advise and reply :)

The 4WD lamp also lights up if there's issues with the ABS (which may or may not light the ABS warning light). These issues are often caused by debris in the ABS rings themselves, which form part of the wheel bearing assembly. Unfortunately - it's happened to me as well - as the bearings start to wear, they release grease and metal fragments which gets caught in the rings making the ABS sensor returns erratic.

yes... the lamp do if the ABS is faulty. That's why a part of my elimination was to replace both wheel bearings and sensors. It was a good diagnostic advise though, not many people know this. Do any one know of any Nissan breakers yards that i can get ahold off. I have asked everyone on ebay, with no luck. Its funny you see the photos of breakers with dozens of vehicles in the picture and this is a rare part to request, but no one has these parts. Thanks Tony

Back