Trailer Wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mashsam

Reaction score
Evening all, I am having a trailer built and requested hubs to match the d40 (so wheels a interchangeable with car) however the trailer parts shop has come back and said the Nissan alloys will not fit their braked hubs and would have to buy steels rims. The PCD is not a issue just the alloy rims. I am yet to take a wheel down there and test it. Has anybody heard of this?

what weight trailer?
possible nissan alloys are not rated high enough.

i would be asking them why they don't fit.
could be lack of clearance around the brakes.

While I haven't heard of that particular combination it's certainly not at all unusual to encounter problems fitting alloy wheels around brakes made by somebody else. The problem is less pronounced with steel wheels simply because they are thinner than the alloy castings, so generally have a larger clearance for the brakes. The same problem can limit which alloys can be fitted to various vehicles.

It will be the offset. If you have Spanish you maybe ok as they are p30 thai go back over the hub to far as they are p45. Even p30 maybe an issue depends what offset the hubs and trailer setup can handle, may rub on the chassis steel rims might be 0 offset

The D40 uses a 114.3x6 stud pattern which doesn't match Ford or Holden (the usual drum brake components for trailers).

In Australia you aren't allowed to use stud adapters, as far as I know.

Thank you all, I believe it is to do with the centre hub that it would have to be machined down to match/ fit the alloy hubs. The trailer is 6x4 off road. I will be going steel rims with the same pcd and tyre size. (they may still fit the car but the alloys won't fit the trailer)

Ok an update, so appears it is the centre bore size is the issue (66.1) the P.C.D is fine but finding braked hubs was the challenge with our local trailer blokes giving some misleading info. However the good news is I found them at Couplemate on the advice of Alko. So if you were looking here is what you need punch in Electric Trailer Brake Conversion Kit. This kit includes hubs with a centre bore of 60.86mm
Now the catch is they only rated to 1450kg which is fine for what I am after.

Latest posts

Back