Tonneau not fitting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyC

Reaction score
G'day,

Bought a tonneau from the eBay supplier most people on here seem to use and after fitting the brackets etc I'm struggling to get the rear of the cover over to click into the tailgate, its coming up about 20mm short with the middle cross bar installed and slightly less without it. Is this a common problem with a new cover, does it take a while to stretch?

Cheers

Ive seen this before mate. There's a couple things I'd try.
Check the bracket at the back window -spinning that 180° if its over the lip might give you an extra5-10mm. Just make sure you run some silicone to stop water coming in.
Secondly the tailgate might have a couple mm play?
Flaten out the cross bar - doesnt need a huge hump
Give the cover a nice oil and let it warm up in the sun before stretching it on.. let it sit on as long as possible.
I reckon with all that your close to picking up your 20mm :teeth:
Or use which even best suits

At the end of the day, its better to be tight and have to struggle for a bit until it stretches than having to find other ways to make it stay on.
Hope this may help some and Welcome To The Forum !

Failing all that, i have a hard -remote locking- tonneau you could buy :hmmmm2:

Thanks mate,

Warm sun in a little scarce at the moment but i'll persevere!

As for the hardlid, can't be bothered taking it off every time I want to throw the dirtbike in the back.

Haha good ol' sunny victoria.
Which way was the bar on the back installed. Did you understanding what i was trying to get at with the 180?
Hopefully you get it sorted

Yeah it was installed with the rail closer to the rear so its not the cause of the shortness. Ill see what the local nissan dudes reckon, its a "genuine" tonneau.

Back