Tonneau cover install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtdevil

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone ever installed a soft tonneau with bungeys? Or have instructions? Can you run through it with me? I was thinking of buying one of the genuine ones from ebay. Thoughts?

Just buy a second hand one like I did, get some aliminum track from spotlight/bunnings and pop rivert it to the back of the tub, then lay it out like it would fit, mite need a second person to hold it tight while you get a marker pen and mark were you want to put the round knobs to hang the elastic loops. They sell the plastic knobs at supercheap/autobarn and they come with the riverts and everything. Then drill and rivert. Also you will probably need a cross member. I made one out of some round steel the same size as the mounting brackets you can also buy from supercheap and measured across the tub from mounting point to mounting point, allowed a bit extra to but a bend up in the steel to allow for a bit of tension on the tonneau, and also allow for bending a bit at each end to fit into the mounting bracket. overall once i had the knobs, track, riverts/riverter, drill, mounting brackets and steel, it took me about 2hrs and 3 cans to have it all in working by myself. (If i had been working with a mate it would have probably taken 8hrs and 24 cans!!! :) )
All up it was a cheap and reasonably painless operation. Worth it too!!! If you look on ebay you can also find second hand ones that come with the cross bar as well, some even have the track for the tonneau! So have a look and see how you go!

get some aliminum track from spotlight/bunnings and pop rivert it to the back of the tub,

Showing total ignorance, what s the track for?
Does it work the same as the attachment for caravan annexes, sort of a C channel that you slide a roped fill edge into to grip the front edge?

Showing total ignorance, what s the track for?
Does it work the same as the attachment for caravan annexes, sort of a C channel that you slide a roped fill edge into to grip the front edge?

Yes mate the sail track goes up front of the tub then the canvas slides on from one side just like the annex .

I don't know how to milti quote ! :violin2: But depending on what year and where Dirt devil is .
I have one that will fit a pre 2006 in perfect nick thats with every thing sail track and bow fs cheap

I have one that will fit a pre 2006 in perfect nick thats with every thing sail track and bow fs cheap

I might be interested in that Gonzo if the OP doesn't want it AND you're willing to post it to NSW (Plumpton)?

How much is cheap?

Cheers
KB

I have a brand new one in Sydney.
Sail track and tonneau. No tie points though. They can be had for about $5.00 from any trimmer

I might be interested in that Gonzo if the OP doesn't want it AND you're willing to post it to NSW (Plumpton)?

How much is cheap?

Cheers
KB

Yer I don't know if old mate is on here much or even where he is from . And as FB said he is in Sydney But he didn't say how much. I was after $ 75 but I dont know about postage it prob be a killer. The company I work for has a branch in Sydney smithfield I think ! I could prob get it there for a slab...Lol

Hi guys,

Has anyone ever installed a soft tonneau with bungeys? Or have instructions? Can you run through it with me? I was thinking of buying one of the genuine ones from ebay. Thoughts?

I bought a genuine one from ebay, it came with full instructions in the kit and it cost me $40 to have it freighted from Brisbane to Sydney (it was a clearance item, new old stock).
Place a small amount of neutral cure silicone behind the sail track and the bungee knobs just before actually clamping up the rivets, it'l stop water from working in behind as it runs down the body when it rains and also help absorb vibration so the rivets don't work loose.

Latest posts

Back