ticking/tapping sound

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchd22

Reaction score
Hey guys, had my car serviced last friday (18 months old with 23k on it). Got it home and parked in the garage only to notice this sound coming from the car, which was not there in the morning when i took it too them and nor have i ever heard it is the past.

It is going back to them in the morning, but thought i'd share here and see what you guys think.

You can hear the noise more clearly from underneath the car towards the back of the motor rather then the top. Took a video for reference.

http://youtu.be/dtFkVqACH3c

Mitch

Yeah that doesn't sound right, can clearly hear the ticking you mentioned. Not sure what it could be tho, does it have any unusual vibrations or feeling of where the noise is coming from?

nah nothing at all... it drove fine, idled fine. Its weird because it didn't have it before it went in for the service..

I thought it was one of the fans at first until i jumped under and and noticed it got louder towards the back of the motor.

So i took it to nissan this arvo and get told i wouldn't be to worried bout it. sounds like a bit of a noisy injector, drop it off thursday and we'll have a look at it for you.. Bit puzzled as to why it would have a noisy injector all of a sudden after only 23k on it and straight after a service.

says inspect fuel filter, doesn't say anything about replacing it.. they put a diesel treatment in it but...

yeah your guess is as good as mine... it sounds louder down round the bottom end but sound can travel i suppose

Hope you find the problem mate. It's annoying when those noises produce themselves.

Last edited:
Definitely a weird one. Hopefully they can work it out, although it is Nissan so anything is possible...

Last edited:
Went and checked in today, all externals have been checked and okayed including trying spares to swap out. Nissan melbourne HQ are now involved and its going to be a step by step process as to what gets done. Monday morning they are taking timing cover of to look at gearsets on oil pump and the likes. If to bi avail up on the hoist it go's to have the oil dropped and tested for any shit then sump off and bottom end bearings checked! *sigh* guess its more flogging of the micra for the next week!

Last edited:
i HAVE heard of some mechanics putting nuts in the engine to intentionally damage engine so you go back to them again.

Well if they did there pretty darn stupid cause its only 18 months old and under full new car warranty lol

Sorta glad I haven't done any mods yet cause no doubt they'd be trying to get out of fixing it under warranty

It almost sounds like an electrical arc?? obviously it doesnt have one. but it sounds like the noise of a cracked coil on an old petrol engine, so i wonder if there is any sort of electric issue??

Latest posts

Back