This is my oil after my first oil change after rebuild

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
make sure the caps (big ends)get put onto their corresponding piston(should be numbered) number 2 facing number 2 etc ,mains the same ,top of piston mark facing front , the old motor rule was B END numbers face camshaft now its diff. big end numbers should all be facing one side of block on single line pistons if you seperate conrod it must be reassembled same way. each pistons big ends are sized individually thats why they must be reassembled correctly or you will get that scuff mark only on one side of bearing, the mains are machined bolted on the motor thats why you must reassemble them corresponding number facing each other.. i was fortunate enough my old man got a mechanic over to pull apart the engine i had assembled and show me all the things that i had done wrong, its stuck with me for 55 yrs

bit of a yarn , with my younger brother i was always pulling out my mark ii zephr engine , had stripped a big end ( did the damage when a hotted up fj flew past me so i caught up to it would back off at the corners ,catch up etc, it was like trying to manover a pregnant wheel burrow doing 100 mph for 20 minuites or so not wanting to overtake it just to show the other young guy that the old girl could keep up) any how with no money for repairs it was replace the caps , every week end the motor would come out , got it down to 3.5 hrs work.. when i got my next car second hand 440 cortina , the first thing the old man said was you wont be touching this car. any how i noticed it was a little noisy so waited till mum and dad and the girls all took off for 3 days to attend a wedding in sydney, out came engine friday avo, went to local ford dealer in myrtleford got one new piston ,set of rings , bearings, gaskets and in they went had it running sunday morning running sweet as no rattles. Couldnt keep it to my self told dad a week later, he looked at me tried to look a little crossed , just shook his head, i breathed a sigh of relief , life went on untill i did a nose flip in it a year later and retired the old girl

Yeah I bought new bearings, put them in main bearings were oversized again at the 0.065 max, cleaned everything didn’t use Allenby lube I used 10w 30 as I was not going to wait to put it back, put it all together and it’s good for now I haven’t changed the oil yet but I primed the engine by taking the spark plugs out fuses and started a few times, oil pressure was up around 40 then started it and it’s going okay, I have a weird vibration around 3k it’s not bad but was no there before I will check it but I don’t have much time as I just bought a yd25 d40 with a cracked head and I’m starting the head on that now
Thanks for all the information, I think it was an oil issue on start up

Latest posts

Back