Thai build ST accessories

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmhnav

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me if there are companies that have released products for the thai build St navara D40, ie: nudge bar, sump gaurds etc. TJM have some nice gear but it is all for Spain Bulid. Any ideas? thanks

Bull bars are available from TJM & ARB, I'm guessing that Nissan would have nudge bars.

Not sure on the underbody guards, I had mine custom made because I couldn't wait that was 2 years ago though.

have a search through the forum, someone with a thai st is running tjm gaurds and im running an arb delux sahara bullbar on my st so its looking good

Hi DMHNAV,

I've ordered and am just about to pick up (Saturday at the latest, woohoo!!) a D40 ST which is Thai built. I have managed to find quite a few accessories from ARB, TJM and Nissan (Bullbar, Canopy, Snorkel, Tub Liner, Bonnet Protector, Tow bars, ARB and TJM seem to have most covered. The only real issue for me was bash plates. I have found Avenger and Brown Davis but am looking at others to be made by Tosca's, have a look at this thread:

http://www.navara.asia/d40-body-chassis/68-bash-plates.html#post259

I will keep this updated as I progress with my plans.

Cheers, db.

thanks guys, I am particulary after a nudge bar to mount some decent lights on, but I do not like the Nissan bar with the large black plastic lumps on the bottom of it, the TJM bar is a lot neater looking, but they don't have one for the ST yet.

Ironman have a commercial bar for the Thai built D40 (thats what i got on mine) and also sourced snorkle from them as well. Have also installed the rear step tow bar as well - does not have the same tow rating as the vehicle though (downgraded by 1/2 ton)

I've had to get a long range tank from Brown Davis (being fitted today actually) though.

read through my signature for the other upgrades i've had done (including the lift kit)

I had mine fitted up at Opposite Lock, their front bar looks the goods, arb canopy, hayman reese tow bar, safari snorkel & 220 HID Lightforce spots no problems at all, I was very happy with the end result.
Tub liner is on a slow boat from Thailand so still needs to be fitted though I dont know and havent asked which brand the tub liner is.
I was very disappointed that Nissan didnt see fit to install child restraint hooks as standard but that is another issue.

Hey Lurch,

Regarding the tub liner, you can get them for your ST at Opposite lock, its made by ERG, I have just ordered one for my 2010 ST

Regards
Dazzler

Hey Guys,

Im after a nudge bar for an ST, same style which is at the top of the website. Does anyone know where I can get it from..

cheers

Dazzler

I had mine fitted up at Opposite Lock, their front bar looks the goods, arb canopy, hayman reese tow bar, safari snorkel & 220 HID Lightforce spots no problems at all, I was very happy with the end result.
Tub liner is on a slow boat from Thailand so still needs to be fitted though I dont know and havent asked which brand the tub liner is.
I was very disappointed that Nissan didnt see fit to install child restraint hooks as standard but that is another issue.

i was very dissapointed about no child restraints aswell, cost me another $200 to fit, why Nissan would not fit them as standard is beond me:hmmmm2:

It's probably got a lot to do with the Nav being a commercial vehicle. Many of us might buy them to move families but that doesn't mean Nissan expect us all too. I wouldn't be complaining about $200 anyway if you plan on keeping the vehicle for any length of time the insurance and rego savings of running a commercial vehicle will be more than $200 after a few years.

You would think that Nissan would cater for a wider range of customers. people that would buy and use Navaras as a commercial vehicle still have kids, Nissans advertising say "tuff at work hard at play" says to me there catering for more than tradies etc!
read this i think i saw the word "family"
Nissan Navara - Tough At Work. Hard At Play.

Nissan don't have to cater for anyone specific, in fact the less specific groups they carter for the more money they can make in after market sales. I'm not saying they aren't for family I'm just saying they are a commercial vehicle and as such don't necessarily get all the family sedan comforts.

Personally if the only thing I found that wasn't to my liking cost me $200 to fix I'd consider I got out of it rather cheaply. How many people have spent heaps more than that on shocks and tyres because Nissan didn't cater for all the serious off roaders. How many spent over a grand on a bullbar because they protect the front of the car, surely Nissan should just fit them standard to save front end damage.

Not everything that suits me suits everyone else and Nissan aren't going to cater for me just because I have different ideas on what I want use my Nav for, but each to their own, if you are annoyed at paying $200 for something you want/need then thats fair enough but it could have been worse, you could have paid Nissan to put one in at their over priced costs.

NO I GOT YOUR POINT LOUD AND CLEAR BUT IT'S YOUR POINT NOT EVERYONE'S (aren't caps fun). Not all families consists of mum dad and two bubs and not everyone wants or needs restraints in their ute. Besides if you ask Nissan they cater for younger families by including the restraints in the STX and that among other things is the reason for the difference in price.

Sure you feel hard done by because of not getting the restraints and no one can take that feeling away from you but at the end of the day these cars are still made to reflect a cost (even if that cost is ridiculous) and because they are registered as commercial vehicles and because a 5 Star rating isn't something Nissan are going for right now restraints in all models isn't something they seem overly worried about no matter what claims their ads make.

Everyone's situation is different and I too ummed and arred over buying the STX or the Dmax because my early research showed me that ST didn't have the restraints (and a few other things I wanted) while the Dmax and STX did. In the end the choice I made to spend the extra cash was the choice that suited me to get what I wanted. There is hardly any point buying a car that is clearly listed as not having a particular feature you want, paying less for it and then bitching it hasn't got all the features you want.

But like I said above if you feel hard done by no one can take that away from you and I really hope you feel better and can one day get over the hurdle that you seem to have fixed anyway.

tjm

Hi, can anyone tell me if there are companies that have released products for the thai build St navara D40, ie: nudge bar, sump gaurds etc. TJM have some nice gear but it is all for Spain Bulid. Any ideas? thanks

mate lve got the rx model but have been told st are the same check my photos

NO I GOT YOUR POINT LOUD AND CLEAR BUT IT'S YOUR POINT NOT EVERYONE'S (aren't caps fun). Not all families consists of mum dad and two bubs and not everyone wants or needs restraints in their ute. Besides if you ask Nissan they cater for younger families by including the restraints in the STX and that among other things is the reason for the difference in price.

Sure you feel hard done by because of not getting the restraints and no one can take that feeling away from you but at the end of the day these cars are still made to reflect a cost (even if that cost is ridiculous) and because they are registered as commercial vehicles and because a 5 Star rating isn't something Nissan are going for right now restraints in all models isn't something they seem overly worried about no matter what claims their ads make.

Everyone's situation is different and I too ummed and arred over buying the STX or the Dmax because my early research showed me that ST didn't have the restraints (and a few other things I wanted) while the Dmax and STX did. In the end the choice I made to spend the extra cash was the choice that suited me to get what I wanted. There is hardly any point buying a car that is clearly listed as not having a particular feature you want, paying less for it and then bitching it hasn't got all the features you want.

But like I said above if you feel hard done by no one can take that away from you and I really hope you feel better and can one day get over the hurdle that you seem to have fixed anyway.

your right mate it's not that bigger problem and i did get over it, i think we are getting into a debate for no real reason, all i was trying to add was my piont of view as "Lurch" mentioned it and i just remebered back when i brouhgt my ute having that problem :top:

Heres a little hint (but don't tell anyone in case they aren't suppose to know).

Do a Google image search for Navara and eventually on one of the pages you'll find that same ute on a web page. Go to that webpage and ask about the bar I can't remember the page now but I'm fairly sure it was a business page with contact details. If they send you back here then you're back to square one and you have had a little tour of the internet, all is good.

Latest posts

Back