Suspect shockies

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve99

Reaction score
I've had my D40 KingCab for three months now and I reckon the shockies are buggered.
Admittadly I've done 15,000klm in 3 months but I detected the problem about 5,000klms ago.
Well I'm presuming its the shockies. My king cab handles awefully strange sometimes,especially on bad roads. I've hit slight dips in the road which really jolt the steering wheel,the jolt is that severe I think "crikey,glad on was holding the steering wheel firmly that time"
I'm going the get the thing checked out soon. I'll probably take it to my brother-in-laws tyre and mechanical business first and get them to remove one shockies for evaluation before I ring Nissan and give them a gob full.

What do you reckon fellas,could the shockies have gone bad after only 10,000klms ?

Mine were stuffed at under 10,000km when I put the suspension kit in. The rear springs were sagged too - and I carried very little weight in the back.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the factory shocks were stuffed on your vehicle, however unless you want to get into an endless cycle of back and forth to the dealer, arguing with Nissan over what is covered by warranty.....just pony-up and buy a decent set.

My factory rear shocks were replaced under warrenty at 30,000km's, all 4 were really stuffed at 90,000km's and thats when the Bilstiens went in.

90,000km's on the Bilstiens and I couldn't be happier with them. Handles like a dream.

Dave.

I just found out yesterday thAt my rear shocks were on their way out at only 22,000. I only found out because I had the lift kit installed.

I admit that I've done nearly half of those km's in a reasonably loaded state doing long trips. The rear suspension was actually inverted before being replaced yesterday.

Yeah I replaced my suspension at 4500km and same deal as everyone else shocks were stuffed push in and out easier than a bike pump

D40 suspension

10,000ks on mine and the rear springs hit the bump stops when towing a camper trailer.

I suppose theyre built as a comfort ute not a load carrier but I think a camper trailer is a reasonable ask.

I've had 3 Patrols and a Landcruiser and had to put better suspension in all of them, but it gives me the s***s throwing out springs and shocks after 10.000ks.

Back