Squeeky when driving hard bumps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joriel16

Reaction score
Hi guys, my 2014 Nissan Navara D40 Spain 140kw has developed a squeeky sound when driving hard bumps. Upon checking I discovered when I move the radiator from the engine bay left or right or up and down. Thats where the squeeks comes from. Its a metal rubbing against metal on the side of radiator. Have any of you guys experience this? What was your solution? Cheers Guys

Attachments

• D32AD248-1E94-4723-8226-C69EC4290155.jpeg
    D32AD248-1E94-4723-8226-C69EC4290155.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 04D9E6E1-88CD-471F-B414-6E8327CA0B8A.jpeg
    04D9E6E1-88CD-471F-B414-6E8327CA0B8A.jpeg
    942.1 KB · Views: 18
There's an old expression that says "a picture is worth a thousand words" but I'm afraid yours are mute. I don't know what you're trying to show us in the photos because you say radiator in the text but the photos are not showing anything very close to the radiator and they certainly don't make it obvious exactly what you're referring to. That pipe is part of the hot pipe going from the turbo to the intercooler, which is in front of the radiator. If you think it may be moving, take a hold of it from inside the engine bay and see how much you can move it. There should be only very little movement at all.

Anyway, start with the obvious and check any and all bolts and attachments in the area. If you still don't find what's loose, maybe take some new photos or perhaps even a short video showing exactly what you're talking about, preferably with something pointing at the relevant part, and post it/them.

Also check your bonnet latch. Move the front of the bonnet with your hand when it's closed to see if it squeeks.
If so, a few layers of insulation tape on the bonnet side where it fits into the latch will solve that for a while. Requires replacement when the tape wears through.

If it’s metal on metal either lubricate with a heavy grease or place something plastic between the parts.

Check your bonnet catch too. Mine is squeaking again, needs more grease.

Latest posts

Back