Squeaking front end

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbzerk

Reaction score
Hey all.
I've been getting a squeaking sound from what seems to be coming from the front end. Its loud enough to be just heard from inside the ute. It only happens if i'm turning left and or going over bumps.
Is there something i can check? Thanks all

mine was the rubber stops under the corner of the bonnet. they twist to adjust height, usually work themselves loose.

Check or get checked the control arm bushings.if the noise is really strong when you have the wheel on full lock going up or down a dip or gutter or something that's a really good indication it's the bushings,fulcrum do a free steering and suspension check.

Mine was squeakling and creaking like someone bouncing on a bed. It was the lower bushing on the right-hand shock absorber starting to fall apart.

OME Nitrocharger Sports shocks and new springs front and rear put an end to the noise and added 40mm to the height.

That's the problem with something like that,there's so many different bushings it could be,and trust me you don't wanna pull the control arm bushings,start with the easy stuff like what the blokes above said.

I had one of those squeaks and it was the bonnet latch. I put tape around it and it stopped.

Found the solution on here btw :)

Mine had a squeak too turns out it was the bump stops for the bonnet had died, $5 odd at Nissan problem solved!!!

Start with the Bonnet.. It's a pain in the Ass Noise..

Grease the Rubber Grommets up, and the Latch, also sometimes i had a noise from the grill also, same kinda noise.. I just fixed up the plastic fixings and it's been quiet since also..

:rock:

If you hose under the car around the bottom of the strut/shock then go for a quick drive. the water lubes the lower bush. if the squeak goes when wet then its your lower bush.. if not keep looking as your lower bush is fine...

Yep same here, if it does it at idle, push down gently on the bonnet, if the noise stops while pushing on it, its the latch or rubber stops, if not, check out other possible problems listed.

Mine was the bonnet. Bloody annoying noise too.

Reviving a old thread, good old search function.

I have the same noise mentioned above on bumps, when the car is turned off and when i close the front drivers door. I'm hoping it's the bonnet stops as mentioned, is it just a matter of greasing them up or will i have to replace them?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back