Squeak! Help?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munnerz

Reaction score
I have this annoying squeak sort of noise.
If I rock the ute(manual trans ppl will no what I mean) in low rpm when taking off, and sometimes when I brake, any ideas?
I'm thinking its suspension bushes?! It's coming from the front to btw?
I remember hearing something about it on here a while ago

The bushes in my front shocks started to deteriorate and made a really annoying noise. As I'd come to a stop in traffic it sounded like I was trying to bonk a sheep. Made many a person turn their head - the guys in jealous rage, and the girls in exasperation.

It's not heaps loud or anything lol, my ute is only 13000ks old btw, I'm getting more and more tempted to spray wd40 all around my shocks to stop it lol.

Front. Probably bushes - check the sway bar bushes.

If it was rear, I would say spring clamps. The rubber covered ones on my Old Man Emu springs squeak like a mongrel unless I keep them regularly lubricated with lithium grease

As Tony said , lower front shock bushes or swaybar bushes , and it don't take too much to flog out STD shock bushes , but if you brought it new , take it back to the stealers , and ill bet all they do at first is spray them with rubber lubricant

As Tony said , lower front shock bushes or swaybar bushes , and it don't take too much to flog out STD shock bushes , but if you brought it new , take it back to the stealers , and ill bet all they do at first is spray them with rubber lubricant

Dealers can't be trusted.
I also have OME suspension, I would rather learn off the guys with experience in servicing my suspension anyhow:)

Well that throws a different light on it , it's most likely your lower shock bushes , some apprentice had probably done them up with the truck still on the hoist , and they must be done up with the weight of the vehicle on them or they will flog out in no time , and make the exact noise your hearing

If their badly worn you will be able to see it , the shock bolt won't be centered in the shock eye , and you might be able to see where the rubber is torn , but at this point they usually make a knocking as well ,

LOL having said all that , i hope you weren't the apprentice . well lesson learned if you were , no point crying over spilled milk , you will have to have the bushes pressed out , and i would replace them with the super pro nolathane ones , people say they ride harsher , but ive never felt it , and they will last forever , while you have it apart a super pro coil seat would be a good move too , it raises the suspension about 15 mm and you regain what you have lost with sag

LOL having said all that , i hope you weren't the apprentice . well lesson learned if you were , no point crying over spilled milk , you will have to have the bushes pressed out , and i would replace them with the super pro nolathane ones , people say they ride harsher , but ive never felt it , and they will last forever , while you have it apart a super pro coil seat would be a good move too , it raises the suspension about 15 mm and you regain what you have lost with sag

Hahaha, nah mate I wasn't involved in my suspension. ARB installed it for me.
Thanks heaps for the info, this is why this forum is the tits. Has all the info you need:)
Cheers

Well it would be back to ARB if it was mine , iam getting fairly sick of arb , I've been using their stuff for over 20 years , and the place has gone to the dogs , I've had a new bar replaced twice now , and this one still looks like it's been painted by a blind man with Parkinson's disease !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back