Spacers, Any one used these

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have spacers and i know a few other boys do to.
To put it in perspective i have 25mm in mine.
do a search for Zordo mate, he will know what size and is happy to sell them too :)
he does great stuff!!

I wouldnt use those , anything that goes on the top of the spring between the coil over unit and tower will give issues , use the preload spacers , like here , goes at the bottom of the spring , look at the D 40 ones

http://zordos4wdsuspension.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=58

Ok, fair enough but what issues?

I have thought of putting a spacer in the strut but was thinking with the stiffer springs, preloading over the normal compression in the strut assembly may bugger up the ride. Rides pretty good as is. Good news is I still have a plenty of down travel and camber adjustment to play with. Would be reluctant to put in a thicker spacer than the 10mm one I had in mind.

You add a spacer at the top your dropping the whole strut assembly down , that's where your going to run into issues with the strut assembly clouting the UCA on your downward stroke , you put a spacer under the spring , the geometry is unchanged , yes you may get a slightly stiffer ride

I have as above 25mm spacers, I still have cv angels that point up and 65mm give or take of down travel. Do a search mate there's measurement calculations in regards to spacers.

Mike

Latest posts

Back