Son of trials

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Bali wouldnt be a bad alternative, actually it would be pretty dam good especially with the crap weather at the moment.

might see you at Tuff truck FB, just not sure if we will go for both days yet.

If you had to pick only one of the two days to go which one is the best day?
or does it not really matter?

I'm just heading out for Saturday because my Sunday most of the cars are already broken ;) haha
Yeah son of trials will be a wet one again! It usually is anyways

I'm just heading out for Saturday because my Sunday most of the cars are already broken ;) haha
Yeah son of trials will be a wet one again! It usually is anyways

Thats not a bad call, i can imagine there will be plenty of busted trucks, and watching them bust shit will be half the fun.
I think saturday will be the day for us if we cant make it for both days.

In a way im hoping The Son Of Trials will be muddy, it should make for more fun.

I made it to Son Of Trials 2 years ago with the only mod to the nav being a set of muddies I borrowed from my old man had a great weekend. Even with how uncompetitve some of my results were - DNF haha

I made it to Son Of Trials 2 years ago with the only mod to the nav being a set of muddies I borrowed from my old man had a great weekend. Even with how uncompetitve some of my results were - DNF haha

What happened with a DNF? did you stack it? or brake it?

Would you do it again this year?

DNF came from mostly inexperience and the only mud event that they had that year so nothing broken just stuck real good.
I would go again at the drop of a hat unfortunatly I am away for 2 more months hope to make it next year or to the similar event they hold at the end of the year

DNF came from mostly inexperience and the only mud event that they had that year so nothing broken just stuck real good.
I would go again at the drop of a hat unfortunatly I am away for 2 more months hope to make it next year or to the similar event they hold at the end of the year

I think the comp thats on in November is the "son of trials plus",,, is that the one?

so are all the driving events on the Saturday? I'm interested in going but have commitments on the Sunday.

Gday Tom, i think most of the events are on the saturday, but there is still a few on the sunday, they say 12pm finish.

If you are not to concerned about what position you will finish in, im sure you could just do the Saturday events. you would still pay the $30 entrant fee + a $20 one day field pass.

If you want to check, you could click on the link on the first page, at the bottom of that page you will see the tab to ask a question, they should get back to you by tomorrow.

Let us know how you go, would be good to see some more forum members there.

Nath.

If it is still run the same all events are run across both days you just line up at which ever one you want to do next but on the Sunday as things are coming to an end if no one is waiting to do an event they start packing it up. So basically you could knock it all over on the Saturday if you wanted

Yeh it is the son of trials plus. Do you know if they have a date set yet

Just thought i would throw up a few pics of the weekend at the SON OF TRIALS.
I had written up a bit of a rundown of the event BUT...... thanks to my five year old son for turning off the lap top i lost it TWICE!!!!!!!!! S@#T S#$T S&%T
Anyway i will try again later but here are some pics

pics have been moved to here....

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=12822

Last edited:
for all the pic's click the link below.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=12822&highlight=trials&page=2

one of the HOLE crew.... my son with a totally unprovoked moon...
i have no idea where he learnt that.
Also DONT look at the bloke in the bottom right of the shot doing the sneaky nut
:puke: he was voted off the island after that haha!!

file-161.jpg

Last edited:
Looked like a top weekend mate, i might have to make sure i can go next year.

yeah mate a bloody awesome weekend. If you get a chance go for it, you will love it!!

They have another one in November, Its the SON OF TRIALS PLUS, same event but with a few more categories which take trucks with 35' tyres and fully locked and you can have the suspension modified however you like.
There still is the 31' standard class and the all the other normal classes.
I will be doing that one for sure.

Last edited:
Looks like it was a great weekend wish i could of gotten away from work

Do you know what the dates are for the one at the end of the year???

Cheers

Looks like it was a great weekend wish i could of gotten away from work

Do you know what the dates are for the one at the end of the year???

Cheers

Gday Turps, yeah Mate it was an absolute awesome couple of days.

Im not sure if the exact date has been posted on the 'PATROL CLUB' web sight yet,

BUT i am pretty sure its held on the first weekend in November.

Cheers for that I am hoping that work routines sort them selves out and I find out earlier than later if I can make it
have not gotten to take the nav out in 6 months and am really looking forward to going wheeling again

Latest posts

Back