snorkel fitting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svone

Reaction score
Gday everyone, first time user here so bear with me. First what a great site, i have a 2006 D22 bloody great truck and had her now 2 years stepped up from a 94 bravo. so my first mod is a snorkel witch i bought from village idiots petrie. is there some were on the forum i can get some advice on fitting these things, cheers guys.:rock:

If you can hold tight, i'm installing one in around 2 weeks.
i'll do a write up.

Is it genuine Nissan or Safari or Yumcha chinese one?

Obviously your going to have to get the drill out and drill some holes in the left guard but there should be a template you can tape onto the car for that.

Easy to install mate,the template was fairly accurate just mark ya screw holes I think it was 5 and mark ya holesaw centre mark making sure snorkelsnugs your pillar for the pillar bracket to fit nice,some people pull the guard of but I didn't easier not to( less work)once your hole is done and screw holes, attach it all intake pipes to airbox then to snorkel leaving loose then install pillar bracket,tighten everything up,snorkel fitted.oh forgot to mention pull of under guard plastic stuff,those pop out clips break easy.

fitted mine today. Pretty easy, but time consuming if your hole saw sucks ass. Just make sure that your template is lined up on the edge of the quater panel where it meets the door and where it meets the bonnet and it should be all good. My scintex snorkel came with a template and no fitting instructions, but it's not hard to figure out.

few pics from install.

first pic shoes the snorkel installed.

second pic is the horse shoe pipe coming from the guard and connecting to the air filter. Where the horse shoe pipe connects to the air filter i used quite a bit of sikaflex 227 to seal it up, especially around lip to create more of a barrier as the connection between the pipe and the filter box is a bit of an awkward shape. i also put a screw in the top and bottom of the pipe to hold the box and pipe together more securely and then covered the screw in sikaflex.

the last pic shows the pipe under the passenger side guard. Top of the pic shows the pipe connecting to the snorkel and the bottom of the pic shows the pipe connecting the horseshoe looking pipe in the second pic. Both ends of the pipe have sikaflex for added protection, but i seriously doubt water is getting in there with those clamps on.

After installing the snorkel i covered the top of it while the car was running. It didnt stall and it started drawing in air from around the lid of the airbox. I had a look and the seal around the lid is brittle and there is a chunk missing, so my guessing is its leaking through there. I have some rubber window striping and foam to chuck in there to see if that does the job. Will keep you posted

Attachments

• snorkel.jpg
    snorkel.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 173
  • airfilter.jpg
    airfilter.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 184
  • pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
few pics from install.

first pic shoes the snorkel installed.

second pic is the horse shoe pipe coming from the guard and connecting to the air filter. Where the horse shoe pipe connects to the air filter i used quite a bit of sikaflex 227 to seal it up, especially around lip to create more of a barrier as the connection between the pipe and the filter box is a bit of an awkward shape. i also put a screw in the top and bottom of the pipe to hold the box and pipe together more securely and then covered the screw in sikaflex.

the last pic shows the pipe under the passenger side guard. Top of the pic shows the pipe connecting to the snorkel and the bottom of the pic shows the pipe connecting the horseshoe looking pipe in the second pic. Both ends of the pipe have sikaflex for added protection, but i seriously doubt water is getting in there with those clamps on.

After installing the snorkel i covered the top of it while the car was running. It didnt stall and it started drawing in air from around the lid of the airbox. I had a look and the seal around the lid is brittle and there is a chunk missing, so my guessing is its leaking through there. I have some rubber window striping and foam to chuck in there to see if that does the job. Will keep you posted

hey i got a tiggerz 11 snorkel for christmas. just went out a had a look at how to put it on. has any one got any beta instrustions that wat they come with haha

Would anyone be able to post a pic of their ebay "navara" imprinted snorkel where it mounts to A pillar. I assume it attaches to the lip around the windscreen but when i do this and try to line it up with the template on the car it is out a bit, I cant see where else it would mount though. Just want to see how others have done it

Latest posts

Back