Slight Vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bourke72

Reaction score
Hay guys 2012-13 Navara St Auto when coming up to intersection or into roundabouts slowing down but not braking the car has a smooth slight vibration shutter then it disappears, is it something to do with the VDC or ABS does any one else experience this? - i can live with it.

It's only something I've experienced when actually braking. There used to be an issue with the 07-09 autos (not sure about the 2006 models) where they'd vibrate as the TCC was engaging but that as at 80km/h+ under acceleration.

How's your wheel alignment? Have you changed any suspension components recently?

Thanks Old Tony for the reply, i have got a two inch lift OME suspesion but i really think its coming through the transmision or drive line it's not anoying but it's definately there, if i hadnt ownd a navara before i would just think its normal but i had an 08 outlaw from new and that never did it! I reckon its the auto changing down as you slow coming into a intersection but at no time am i braking, as soon as you apply brakes it dissapears . It going to taker me a long time to get used to this Auto its very diferent to the 08 one they hunt straight into top gear to quick, but the manual shift is awesome and i realy like using it the only thing is you have to rermember its in manual when you take off from the lights it revs out and you realise it up to you to change it lol.

After your suspension lift, did you get a wheel alignment? I had a 45mm lift on the front and it dramatically changed the alignment. That will translate into not only chatter that can be felt and heard when the juice is off, but into excessive tyre wear probably on one of the outer edges of the front tyres. Braking will naturally settle it as the front lowers from the forward-shifting of the vehicle's weight.

I noticed it as we'll in my 2012, not real sure what it is, it feels like when it s changing down. was going to contact dealer about at some stage.

Back