• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SLIDERS AND BARS (who is interested)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Scotty and friends, just wondering when you welded the plates on to the chassis for the sliders did you just use a mig to weld them on and what precautions did you take. eg, keeping heat on the chassis as it will cool down quicker. Cheers for any advice.

We are interested in the Sliders you are talking about manufacturing.
Will they have jacking points so we can lift the car up with High Lift Jack?

Thank you

WRC

Hey Scotty and friends, just wondering when you welded the plates on to the chassis for the sliders did you just use a mig to weld them on and what precautions did you take. eg, keeping heat on the chassis as it will cool down quicker. Cheers for any advice.

I had mine done by a really good mate who is a boiler maker, first he took the paint off then he heated the chassis lightly before he welded the mounting plates on with a MIG.
you don't have to heat the chassis much just until they go a blue colour, NOT until they glow red

Can someone show me the bash plates? And do they mount where the stock one is or do you have to redrill holes?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352255738.028603.jpg
They bolt up to normal mounting holes I believe but as bullbars are all different you would have to drill at the front mounting points I believe! Scotty would answer better!

Ive got the ironman deluxe bullbar, would probs have to redrill. They look great

no need to redrill. They bolt to the chassis. The front lip sits up inbetween the chassis and doesnt connect to the bullbar. Depending on what model you have you may have to drill 1 hole in the rear of the bash plate through the rear cross member. space it out 5mm and they fit all m odel D22's.
they have been fitted from an 03 model through to a brand new 2012 model.

at the recent son of trials plus my sliders saved me from serious sill damage
i bounced off a rock in the river and came down hard
a good example of how strong scottys barwork is
money well spent
IMAG0451.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back