Sat Nav head unit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazza11

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking at upgrading my head unit in my 2012 D40 ST Navara, and was thinking of putting in a sat nav unit. Any suggestions on what unit to look at? still want my steering wheel controls to work and down the track maybe install a reversing camera, rca leads to run amps for better sound. Any thoughts on genuine or aftermarket??

If you have a double din space try one of these
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-95-And...816697?hash=item236dca1979:g:97MAAOSwRgJXhgLr

I am looking at getting one myself, should be able to load Hema on it too as I have already purchased that from play store. It does mention that steering wheel controls are able to integrated. Some I have seen have got OBD2 Torque pre-loaded, however that is free anyway I believe. All that is req is the OBD adapter

I have looked at some reviews on amazon etc and Joying and Pumpkin seem to get ok reviews

Hi, I been lurking on the forum for quite some time but been learning rather than posting. I have this head unit https://goo.gl/KKn1Jo Joying 7" Android head unit from carjoying.com

It is installed with reversing camera, steering wheels controls (non-bluetooth type, but can be programmed for phone controls). Everything works and I've been very happy with it. The picture on the web page is actually showing it installed in a D40 Navara the same as mine.

There was a previous review posted by a member here: http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=32220 that has a similar unit. I have only ever installed factory firmware and not experienced any issues with the steering wheels controls not working or bluetooth audio quality (I only use the integrated mic in the head unit itself, not the supplied external).

Being an Android unit you can use whatever Satnav you like, TomTom works brilliantly on it and is integrated with the GPS hardware button and sound mixing functions of the unit. Google Maps gives you the added option setting destinations by voice control which is pretty good. You can download the manual for this unit from carjoying.com, and there is plenty of support on the web for this head unit.

There is a later model with Android 5.1.1 slightly cheaper which might be worth looking at. The upgrade for me (hardware) is only $35 from Joying but I haven't bothered at this stage.

If there is anything specific you want to know please ask.

Gday Chronic, I have my eye on one of these and was wondering about storage space. What is the deal with navigator sd card? Is it partitioned or something or can I have an extra 32g card as well. I have the hema app for android so can I store this on the nav sd card? I have a lot of music and audiobooks so I don't want to have to keep changing cards. Can it take usb drive?
Ta mate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi Boogieboots, the unit has 2 microSD slots, both can be used for anything. I have a 64Gb card in the GPS slot with all of my media, TomTom maps, and Android apps. The card is not partitioned. My 2nd SD slot is empty but occasionally I use this as well. There are 2 USB ports (on cables which I have routed into my glove box) which can work at the same time. The unit ships with an 8Gb card with iGo on it, I still have this sitting in a drawer somewhere, I haven't used it.

Cheers,
Allan

Yeah I should get a bonus of a couple of grand for being in my work emergency response team after xmas so I have that pegged for ecu remap and exhaust. Will go for egr blank and catch can in the meantime

Well I got one for my birthday. Will have a crack at installing it on my next set of days off.
22672bbc85832cea618f4baae066673c.jpg

Yeah fit in a piece of piss, reversing camera hooked up works a treat. I tether my phones WiFi and use Google maps for navigation, haven't downloaded anything for offline nav yet. I had already purchased the Hema app for my phone and that installed and works sweet. I stuck a 32 gig micro SD with all of my albums loaded on it so I have a truckload of music. The radio starts out a little staticy at times but is good generally, though I don't think I have tried AM yet. I may invest in the digital module later. My phone pairs immediately every time so I can listen to my audio books instead.
It takes around 30 secs to boot up when starting, though you can set it to stay in sleep mode for up to 2 hours so it comes on immediately. Your phone will stay connected with Bluetooth while it is like this though as I found when I was trying to call the local tyre mob while I was in the lounge room and not getting through!
I also bought the dashcam camera which will record to the units memory
Come to think of it I don't think I have tried the CD player. I will post some pics tomorrow

Latest posts

Back