sagged front end in new d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qqc d22

Reaction score
My nav has 6100kms on it and the front has dropped heaps. sitting in the car wash the other day they have the little angle bit you drive up it was sitting on the lower bump stop. It bounces around and is like driving a boat especially with a trailer on there.
It has an ironman bullbar fitted and thats all so i goes to nissan and get the speal. was the suspension adjusted when the bullbar was fitted :/ No i have to confess. they claim because the torsion bars havent been wound up then a wheel alignment when it was fitted thats causeed the problem. sort of fair enough iguess i knew it was from the bar but thought it would handle the extra small load. they want $200+ to crank up the torsion bars and wheel align it :/ so ill probably just lift it anyway now its a good enough excuse :)
so i guess this is a bit of a heads up for those like me that wanted to keep there nav stock cause were tight arses and are going to get an aftermarket bar. from my experience you will have to allow for a wheel alignment atleast and if your not handy pay someone to wind up the torsion bars.
Next thing is if i keep being a tight arse and dont put new suspension in it does anyone know the factory settings for the front of the navs. is it just wound up to a certain height and if so what is that height and where is it measured from

i'm sure mine was like that even before the bar and winch. it had always been pretty average over any sort of rough stuff. anyway, i wound the bars up myself, my "scientific" measurement was sticking my index finger between the control arm and upper bump stop, when i had them both the same i left it (it was probably about 10mm clearance to the bump stop, i didn't measure it). i still need to get an alignment done, but having a bike i don't drive it to work a lot, mainly just short trips, but i can see it's wearing the inside edge a bit. i guess i should get a rotation done again while i'm at it...

anyway, in saying all that, just winding them up it drives a lot nicer in the front end. the back is still rough as, lol but that's expected with stock springs and shocks...

mine's a 2010 btw just for reference

the stock suspension is best used in the scrap steel pile, its not hard to wind them up but using this as an excuse to lift your nav wont lift it any heigher than just winding the stock torsion bars up, unless u get new upper control arms, it will sag again after winding up, thats just the shitty nissan suspension, with a heavy steel bar you should upgrade to HD torsion bars anyway, leave a minimum of 10mm between upper control arm and bump stop

I had the same thing with my 2012 D22. Nissan fitted a factory bullbar and didn't wind up the torsion bars. Just did it myself to the same height as the rear (got an extra 20mm clearance) and had a wheel alignment. Took me 10 mins and a quick visit for an alignment and cost me $65. I know its still gonna sag but it'll give me time to get other mods done before a lift.

Mine was nearly sitting on the bump stops at 3000k's without a bar and driving like a boat.Took it to nissan and they hung this template thing under it and wound it back up, asked em if i needed a wheel alignment and they said no because they only wound it back up to standard height, if it was lifted higher then it needs alignment.I have put a bar on it since and it has sagged again, now saving for HD torsion bars and bilstein shocks. Standard suspension is shit.

Its piss poor really i know we all know and expect to have to upgrade suspension but we shouldnt have to really

Latest posts

Back