rough idle.?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys rough idle if i just touch the peddle a tad it runs smooth ?? maybe that egr plate or what ever would help ?? cheers

Still haven't got around to do the plates but I will soon as I can I will update u cheers mate

I have the plate doesnt help. Nissan tried twice to fix no luck. The revs drop from 7 to about 550-600rpm.

Anyone fixed this ???? Rattles like crazy. Known problem but cant find a solution.

Nissan once i showed they didnt fix it after they claimed they did, said it was 'within parametres' crock of sh*t

Last edited:
Did anyone find out.. Mine started doing it on Saturday.. Mine does this when it's idling only..

mine has started doing it as well only when its cold in the morning before work and in the afternoon when i start it to leave work once warmed up it is fine any help would be great i took chip out just in case but it still does it shorely the glow plugs cant be gone after 2 years

Mine starting idling rough this morning. Runs perfectly whilst driving but at idle it is rough enough to shake the CB antenna! A week or so prior, I noticed it idling a bit rough every now and then and it disappeared however it is now permanently rough.

Three weeks prior I had the 10k service done by my mechanic which involved changing oil / filter, tyre rotation and checking levels, etc.

Any suggestions on where to look before going to the dealer ?

Dex

My only experience with rough idle turned out to be the SCV (suction control valve) but mine did it only when cold and went away when it had been driven for a few km's.

Did the service include fuel filter? air filter?
Maybe check the air filter is clean and drain the fuel filter re-prime and see if that makes any difference for a start, then dig deeper?

Remove / Clean your Suction Control Valve.. That helped me (and a few others on this site too).. It *may* need replacing but from all the reading i did on mine the culprit was the SCV...

Symptoms - rough idle when "cold" start.. Goes away after a few km's

Thanks for the pointers. I drove at lunchtime and the roughness seems to come and go.

None of the filters were replaced (except oil) during the service.

Being only 5 mths old and 11k, I will have to take it the dealer for them to look at.

Dex

Thanks for the pointers. I drove at lunchtime and the roughness seems to come and go.

None of the filters were replaced (except oil) during the service.

Being only 5 mths old and 11k, I will have to take it the dealer for them to look at.

Dex

Ah sorry mate didnt realise it is so new, yes back to the dealer for sure, BUT it doesnt rule out bad fuel and dirty filter or that it could be a dodgy SCV although most of the problems with the SCV seem to be on the pre 2011 models, its not to say the newer ones dont have the issue but it does seem more common on the earlier ones.

Latest posts

Back