rooftop boat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HEM49

Reaction score
Abyone run a 12' tinnie ontop there d22. iv just got one and am after (cheap) ideas for transporting it on the roof. Its just for onroad use and theres no trailer.
Id love one of the boat loaders that are out there but $1600 is way to much.
Iv got a canopie with arb racks. Any ideas would help

First advice would be to check the weight your bars are capable of, I have no idea what a 12' tinnie weighs, it's surely possible but from what I know there is two different ARB mounting systems and one is good for between 75kg-100kg and then there is a heavier set one which is good for about 150kg or thereabouts.

Bloke around the corner has a boat loader on his D40, they work well but as you say they are pricey, but they wouldn't be that hard to replicate.

i reckon the best way would be if you have a tray back with racks. strap it on there with the front hanging a bit over the roof.

you could strap it to some roof racks on the cab but the roof isnt that long so i dont think you'd get it to balance as well that way and would be harder to load up without accidentally dinging the cab.

tinnies can be pretty light so ive you've got a decent setup it shouldnt be too hard to load up on your own or with a helper.

id look at the tray idea. or a 6x4 trailer could work out quite well. we used to transport a 12ft punt on one.

Latest posts

Back