revs when turbo kicks in

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljacko78

Reaction score
howdy

My father in law was looking at a 2nd hand D22 (same as mine so he has good taste). While at his mates shop (exhaust fitter), the mate reckons he's been able to fit cat back exhausts on D22's and seen turbos kick in round 1300-1500 RPM. His "preferred" configuration was 2.75 turbo back into a straight thru 3" pipe.

I call BS, but he's done some great work on exhausts for motorbikes and for other diesels like BT50's.....

I think the best I've noticed my turbo kick in is around 1800. And mines got 80s air box, and 2.75" straight thru from turbo back.

Have always hated how slow 1st and 2nd is from standing start! Interested to see if anyone has ever gotten close to this 1300 RPM mark

cheers!

it might "kick in" that low if its chipped. the biggest problem with ZD30's is the lack of fuel in the low rpm's.

mine comes on about 2400rpm stock, my YD25 navara before this one came in at about 1750rpm with EGR done, so it could be possible.

Hi Guys,
I Too have a 3.0 d22 with a steinbuaner module and now 3,0 inch exhaust.
I have also blocked the egr pipe, my Navara comes on around the 1300 rpm I think.

Prior to exhaust it started to pull at around the 1750 Rpm with a stock exhaust.

By spool up do you mean when you can start to feel the engine produce a noticeable amount of power?
The bottom of the torque range in my ZD is about 1500. It's an 03 with 3" straight through exhaust and 80series air box, EGR and swirl modded as well. The real sweet spot for the motor is about 2000rpm. The turbo is producing 8-10psi (on a flat road). When I put the boot in the turbo will give another 6psi almost instantly and the motor pulls nice and smooth all the way to 3500rmp.

My 2008 D22 with 3" straight through exhaust, chip, EGR blocked and snorkel develops a noticeable pull from 1500 rpm. I agree with everyone that the rev puck up is slow as all hell until you reach 1500 rpm. unless you fit a different turbo, remap the ecu or wind up the injector pump then this is about as good as you will get with bolt on mods

I'm sure I've read before that totally stock zd30 turbo starts coming on at 1800 rpm and peaks at 3200 rpm, mine is totally stock except with the egr/ swirl mod and this is how it feels to me, maybe slightly earlier due to egr mod.

ive got a 06 zd30 and its stock nothing done to it at al. i can feel it coming on at ye about 1800 to1900 and at about 2000 its really starts to pull well.

I can feel mine come on at about 1400rpm. I see it make boost from 1300. It starts to run out off puff at about 3400rpm. I have taken her up to 3700. Not exactly a good example for comparison though. I have a 3" system from the turbo back, nothing in the way apart from the EGT probe. All mandrel bent. With the K&N Apollo it does not seem to be anywhere near as smooth to rise as the 80 series.

Was more so interested in when people could feel a discernible difference ( not that it was ever going to be a rocket boost)

Thanks for everyone else's numbers

Stock mine was around the 1800-1900 mark.

I am now running a chip, 3 inch straight through exhaust, EGR plate, EGR butterfly mod and swirl mod and snorkel. I now see noticeable difference around the 1200 rpm mark.

Gday
my 04 trayback and it is stock except the egr butteryfly mod and i notice ute on its own about 1600 it picks up and if im towing i feel it lower about 1400 dont know why might just be me fueling harder, has anyone "replaced" a normal cat with a full flow pipe or hi flows and if so whats there experiences dose that help the spool up of the turbo just curious
Thanks

^ Yep, sure have.

The factory dump pipe is dog shit on the D22's.

Worth the coin spent to upgrade the dump pipe which the cat is attached to.

^ Yep, sure have.

The factory dump pipe is dog shit on the D22's.

Worth the coin spent to upgrade the dump pipe which the cat is attached to.

Silly question but if you gut the cat, is it pretty much like a 3 inch dump anyway?? Then have a 3 inch system from the cat back straight through?

Latest posts

Back