Reversing sensors not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry if this is the wrong sub, it's my first post. I've just picked up a second hand 2007 Navara (I think it's a D22 but I honestly don't know how to check).
It has a few small faults that I'm fixing up but one that I just can't seem to work out is the reversing sensors. I get the audible beep when I put the car into reverse but then nothing from the sensors themselves. Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram and instructions on how to get into the rear panel they're fitted in? Pretty sure it's just a frayed/earthed cable but I can't work out how to get into them.

As far as I'm aware the 2007 D22 (even the D40 of that year) didn't have reversing sensors - or even any beeper that told you reverse gear was engaged. I'd say it's an aftermarket widget.

The model is often part of the VIN - my own starts with VSKCVND40---- indicating that I have a Spanish (VSK) built D40.

It might need to be seen by someone familiar with 12V systems. You could try checking the wiring looms for damage. While you're doing that, disconnecting then reconnecting any connectors you come across may also help.

Upon some further research it is a D40 (and a Spanish one at that) and you're absolutely right they are aftermarket so I guess it's just gonna end up being a track it back and swear every few minites job.
Thank you very much

As far as I'm aware the 2007 D22 (even the D40 of that year) didn't have reversing sensors
I have them on my earlier version. It's the big silver thing hanging off the back (aka as bumper bar to some), I know from reversing on tight bush tracks, it will definitely make a noise to alert you if you get to close to stumps, trees you didn't notice etc lol.

Latest posts

Back