Recall on Navara Wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, we've got two trailers at the farm with Mullens steelies on them, the big 4 tonne trailer has got non recalled rims while the smaller enclosed trailer has got the recalled rims. We can't be bothered getting the recalls done, the stuffed rims are going on the wood trailer which just goes from the wood shed to the house and we are getting some brand new rims for the trailer. They would be replaced under the recall but we need another set of rims on the wood trailer and since it never hits the bitumen and only carts about 500kg a maximum of 200m at a time we made a compromise. But we wouldn't do that for road going tyres.

Iv'e been wondering after reading, some replaced, some not, n some getting old ones back.
Mine have been checked and given all clear but no mention of "come back later for replacement." So I rang dealer and he confirmed, ALL will be checked and replaced then and there if any cracked, if none cracked will be recalled again when they have stocks arrive. Already said!
What about those that have already found there way into other hands, wreckers or private use etc?
There must be a batch number on these rims and they should ALL be recalled and even if you not the original owner replaced? Surely if you own any it is Nissan's responsibility (wheel manufacturer) blablabla
I'm not questioning Nissan's method, only how thorough they intend to be.
Came to mind cause I wana buy a couple a 2nd hand rims and wana be sure I'm not getting dangerous 1s. FYI New price $459 each

It's not a Nissan method anyway they will only be doing what the manufacturer has told them. No doubt the reason Nissan are doing the recall is because the manufacturers know the exact batch that is effected and they know those rims were sold to Nissan worldwide so rather than have the manufacturer recall rims where they possibly don't have factories, depots etc they pay Nissan to do all the work knowing that Nissan also have the best methods of getting in contact with effected owners.

On any recall there is always some that fall through the cracks due to sales and wrecks etc and unfortunately there is little that can be done about those. My guess is that this is the first step, Nissan are handling the world wide recall with all the names they can muster from their records and once that has be done the manufacturer will estimate the number changed over to the number produced and effected. If the numbers are acceptable they may have satisfied any recall obligations, if not they will be forced to do a product recall of their own back which may or may not make the same publicity.

Yep I agree. They would have to approach it this way.
I'll search carefully.
Surely if I happen to buy 2nd hand and they are on the recall batch Nissan MUST replace them?

Last edited:
There has to be a batch number on them but so far I don't think the "Nissan" recall has listed them because they are concentrating on VIN's which is their easiest way to handle it. I'm not sure if Nissan will give you the extra details they would have to distinguish good from bad but there has to be some sort of method.

These rims were fitted to vehicles between 06 and 08 which means they were manufactured in 06-07, if there was some way you could guarantee the rims you were buying second hand came of an 09 or later I reckon it would be a safe bet they were ok without checking batch numbers that haven't been listed yet.

Wheel recall

I'm booked in to have mine checked as was informed only if you fall in a certain batch number you will have you wheels replaced.Typical nissan always have an out clause.

So you want them to replace rims that don't fall in the affected batch numbers out of their own good will because others with affected rims are getting them replaced? Seems logical.

Iv'e been wondering after reading, some replaced, some not, n some getting old ones back.
Mine have been checked and given all clear but no mention of "come back later for replacement." So I rang dealer and he confirmed, ALL will be checked and replaced then and there if any cracked, if none cracked will be recalled again when they have stocks arrive. Already said!
What about those that have already found there way into other hands, wreckers or private use etc?
There must be a batch number on these rims and they should ALL be recalled and even if you not the original owner replaced? Surely if you own any it is Nissan's responsibility (wheel manufacturer) blablabla
I'm not questioning Nissan's method, only how thorough they intend to be.
Came to mind cause I wana buy a couple a 2nd hand rims and wana be sure I'm not getting dangerous 1s. FYI New price $459 each

i was in NISSAN Mossvale nsw today and asked if i were to buy a set of 2nd hand rims, would the batch number be enough for them to be checked and or replaced under the recall. the answer was no, i would need to have the vin number off the navara they came off.

to me that seems dumb. If anybody a product out there that is unsafe and is recalled, they should replace it regardless. It is the manufacturer of the wheels (NOT NISSAN) fault that they cracked, therefore if you have a set of these wheels they should be replaced no matter where you got them form. The manufacturer should then collected all the duds and destroy them as they see fit. Eventually there will be no more dud ones and no more issue.

You shouldn't need a Vin number, i personally think that is pretty shit.

It's a pain but remember recalls of this size don't often happen in one stage. Nissan have been asked by the manufacturer to recall batch XYZ, Nissan know batch XYZ were used on D40's between VIN X and VIN Y and since they have owners names for all those cars they get paid to recall as many as they can.

Once Nissan have done all they can the recall goes into the hands of the manufacturer and they choose what to do, but Nissan shouldn't be responsible for replacing 100's of wheels that people have brought from other sources. If there is a sales receipt from Nissan showing purchase of the rims they can't ignore the recall by law, they can put it off until later but not ignore it, but buying them from the wreckers, ebay or other sources equally hard to prove legitimate purchase should never be at Nissan's cost.

You had me at hello. LOL
That's right, I got ya.
4 weeks ago Nissan couldn't tell us anything about the recall. Now we know more. Tomorrow, who knows?
Mind you the dealer only said "not without a VIN" Not, not at all.
Anyway, as you said Krafty, very clever too. I will avoid the shyte n look for younger ones. Not a bad Idea in ANY case. LOL.

Latest on em. Dealer say's, "If you have spare wheels n have the vin number, and they relate to the recall they WILL test em and replace em." MUST have the VIN tho.

mine went back to the useless farks again today because they needed to reinspect -didnt clean to check properly the first time. got it back without the stick on weights on every wheel and then told it didnt have any.strange they where there 2 weeks ago when they were rotated,must have fallen off was there reason,the tyre dude is going to visit them in the morning.no wonder locally they are called crook and slack.

Latest posts

Back