Rear window failure, anyone else?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pollux

Reaction score
So yesterday leaving work I opened the rear window to clear hot air, then went to close it as I hit the road. Suddenly the trim covering the mechanism flew off and showed that the window glass had come unglued from the mechanism. Drove straight back to the dealership (car was only delivered on 23/11/15 and has 1750km on it). They said they had not seen that happen before and sent me to O'Brien glass who have reglued it with their sealant that they also use for rear view mirrors. Hopefully that doesn't fail (I'm not allowed to open it till tomorrow) and that's the end of it, otherwise it'll be back to the dealer.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I live in Orange NSW, so it's not ridiculously hot here, I just can't work out why it decided to fail.

Id say you were just unlucky with this one. You will always get 1 off unusual failures with new cars, just the way it is. Its only when that failure happens more regularly when it becomes an issue. At least it was an easy and quick fix and hopefully won't happen again.

I do love the back window, it realy sucks out the hot air, can drive down the highway with the drivers window open and the back window and you don't get buffeted around.

I do love the back window, it realy sucks out the hot air, can drive down the highway with the drivers window open and the back window and you don't get buffeted around.

I have to agree or even just the back open lets just enough air to circulate to make for a pleasant trip without aircon.

Tried it today (waited my 2 days). Seems to be working fine now.

Maybe just a touch too little glue, or something else random.

Dealer said they hadn't seen it before, but apparently I'm the only person to buy a black one from them so far.

i have used mine only a few times and i have done 15,000kms. my biggest problem is leaving it open. i realise its open upon returning to my parked car.

i have used mine only a few times and i have done 15,000kms. my biggest problem is leaving it open. i realise its open upon returning to my parked car.

Atleast the window is too small to climb through and it does look a little sus if someone is trying to enter the car from the back window.

I had the same problem before 2000kms.
When I took it in for the first service they glued it bit more and was OK, but they still ordered a new part and I took it back when the part arrived.
When they took it apart, they realised they had to order a whole new window (including the fixed panes aswell). they replaced it all overnight, and re-tinted it too, all covered by warranty.
The new one seems good so far...

but I agree, there are enough warnings for door open etc, but it is so easy to forget to shut the back window.

but I agree, there are enough warnings for door open etc, but it is so easy to forget to shut the back window.
I usually leave mine open when parked at work if there is no chance of rain, helps cool the car a little.

What I'd really like would be if you held the lock button all the windows would go up, hold the unlock they all go down. If my grandfather's Nissan Maxima had that back in the late 90s, surely it could be standard by now.

It was a pretty common issue on the early models,

We replaced at least 7 or so, and 3 on brand new cars.

Cant be fixed successfully so they have to replace the whole rear window,

haven't seen one done for a while so it seems as they have fixed the issue

Latest posts

Back