Rear bar that raises the height of the towbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyron

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have been looking at rear steps, they all look to still have a really low towbar. Are there any that actually raise it while offering protection to the rear?

I like the mcc ones but they still look low.

Yep, Kaymar. IMHO, they are pretty much the standard for rear bars, however they do have a couple of drawbacks:

- Price. Last quote I got for was something in the order of $3500. That was with a spare wheel carrier and jerry holder.
- They will not warrant the bar if you use any hitch other than the one that comes with the bar
- They are NOT warranted if you use a load levelling/weight distribution hitche. Some further info on this is available on the Bushtracker Forum. I also seem to recall finding something about it on the LCOOL or Prado forums; can't recall which.

Finally, a pic from their website (not my truck):

86ea025a-f69b-4811-a611-63a668cc0a54-lg.jpg

Last edited:
That's nice, wouldn't want the rear carriers though. My tailgate is down a lot for the bike. And $3500... No thanks haha.

You can actually order them without the spare wheel and jerry holder. Prestige Offroad have the bare bar for $1747 plus fitting.

Dunno if that helps you though.... :)

Last edited:
Mate just had my mcc rear rocker bar installed the other day very impressed and I think what your looking for $1190 from superior engineering. Raises everything will upload some photos later.

Arb rears are pretty high too , I had to get a drop tounge when I had one fitted to my triton

Yeah, looked at the arb. It seems to sit the same as the factory, at least it does on the nav. I do like the mcc so if that sits higher I might go that.

Latest posts

Back