Re-conditioning a rear diff...how?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshman

Reaction score
ok, so my rear-diff issues are slowly coming to an end, I got a complete rear-axle assembly from a wreckers delivered to my driveway today (only ordered it friday!). upon inspection it's covered in some surface rust (nothing a bit of TLC won't cure) and the body is empty of oil, but not dry. I've pulled in and out the fill and drain plugs, as well as the rear cover., i've also turned over the gears by hand, and they are free enough.

I'll have to ditch the drum brake assemblies, and use whats currently on my vehicle. but I'm guessing that bearings and seals will probably need to be replaced, and if possible give the entire system a flush with some kind of product to clean it out good and proper before filling it with some LSD oil and installing. (or waiting for funds, and getting ARB to do it all while they install an airlocker)

anyway, what tips and advice have you got for re-conditiong a Diff? (or is there anyone in brisbane willing to help?)

Did you get a H233B or get another C200 ?

I would of went for the H233B.

Get the professionals to rebuild it.

Good luck.

Back