4.1 Diff Ratio's to Suit D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Rides

Reaction score
Hey,

Some 4.1 diff ratios have just become available for the Nissan diffs found in D40's... so finally there is a re-gearing option available for the D40's.

They are available through 4x4parts.com, the 4.1 rear has been around for some time, but the 4.1 rear has just been listed this week.

At this stage I'm not 100% if these will fit all the different D40 models... more
investigation required with some comparison of diff model numbers and the applicable lockers etc.

If any one has some knowledge on what will and won't fit with the early V6 petrols, Spanish and Thia built 4 cylinder diesels and now the V6 diesel please feel free to share your expertise.
My guess is that the majority of guys who would look at this mod have the D40 with 2.5L 5 cylinder diesel, and I'm pretty sure these fit that model.
But I am by no means an expert on the nuances of differences in the the various D40 diffs, so there is a bit of investigation and no doubt a steep learning curve ahead before anything can be locked in 100%.

Anyway here are the links and info from the 4x4parts website:

4.1 Front Ring & Pinion @ $495.00USD

" 05 & Newer Frontier and Xterra

- 4.1 ring and pinion for R180A front axle. New gears allow for more torque, accurate speedometer readings and proper engine timing, before or after installation of new tires.
- Installation kit sold separately.
- 10 Ring Gear Bolts
- 27 Spline Pinion Flange Area "

Suits ARB RD181 Air Locker

Install Kit @ $275 USD

Link - https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/41-front-ring-pinion-p-6938.html

4.10 Frontier Rear Ring & Pinion @ $395.00USD

" 2005-2012 Frontier with Dana 44 Rear Axle

- 4.10 Ring & Pinion for D44 rear axle.
- New gears allow for more torque, more accurate speedometer readings and proper engine rpm after installation of new tire size.
- Installation kit is recommended and sold separately. Kit includes carrier bearings, inner and outer pinion bearings, crush sleeves, pinion seal and shims.
- The pinion gear has 24 splines. If your Titan has a 29 spline pinion gear, you will need to purchase the optional 24 spline flange listed below. "

Flange (If required??) @ $92.50 USD

Install Kit @ $155

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/410-frontier-rear-ring-pinion-p-6757.html

I have been in contact with the Mike at 4x4parts and will get some answers on what is included with the install kits etc over early next week.

Obviously all these prices listed are taken from the 4x4parts website and are in USD. They do not include freight, GST or duty etc.

Guesstimate would be about $2000 - $2000 to your door for both front and rear ratios and the install kits.

With a handful of orders at the one time we could probably get a better price on the ratios and bring the price down a little.

If there is sufficient interest from guys looking to re-gear and buy these ratios, (probably about 5 sets) we would be interested to organise the bulk purchase and hopefully save some guys a few $$$.

That said it might also be worthwhile for you guys to look at organising a group buy if someone is willing to do all the ground work and make it happen.

We will bring over a couple of sets for our clients who are interested in the re-gear and see how they go.
We may then stock them here moving forward, but we have no firm plans on that at the moment.

We could also look to quote some e-Lockers or Air Lockers to help with overall costings on the re-gear and locking exercise.
These would be sourced locally from Eaton and ARB.
We can also recommend some very reputable shops around the country to use to have these new ratios and or lockers installed as well.

Anyway that's about all the info I have at this stage, if you are interested in re-gearing your D40 let me know and I'll see what we can do to get these ratios here at a decent price.

Cheers,
Matt

so am i correct in saying that the higher ratio will give you better low down pick up but at highway speeds you will have a higher rpm.......more fuel consumption?

Latest posts

Back