Random D40 foot rest question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

group3j

Reaction score
So I'm now on my 3rd footrest in the Nav, with the latest one being installed at the last service. Unbelievably, 7 days in and its already loose (but I guess you can expect that when you put a bolt into a bit of plastic).

I've pulled it out and added my regular 'fix' (cable ties around the plastic fingers which locate the footrest to the little plastic posts), but I've no doubt it'll come loose on the next rough section I do and shear the tiddly 'bolts'.

So, after that little whinge; has anyone found an aftermarket replacement for the D40 footrest? I've googled and searched the forum and - probably unsurprisingly - no such beast. I figured that as a last resort, I'd put the question out there before I spending a weekend fabbing an alloy one up myself.

Many ta's.

My fix was to just live with it. I don't often use it anyway but living with it when I do is easier than loosing sleep over it.

My fix was to just live with it. I don't often use it anyway but living with it when I do is easier than loosing sleep over it.

Yeah, fair enough. I'm a bit OCD about that sort of thing - I don't like my left foot far below the clutch pedal.

Seems like I'll have to fab one up...

You'd be better off fabricating one than buying one because anything you buy at a reasonable cost would be plastic, for the same cost you could make a steel pedal with rubber on it.

You'd be better off fabricating one than buying one because anything you buy at a reasonable cost would be plastic, for the same cost you could make a steel pedal with rubber on it.

Yeah; I was vainly hoping someone in China was making an alloy replacement. Unsurprisingly, it seems not.

I'm handy enough with a TIG so I'll knock one up out of alloy and use the stock plastic footrest as a template. Would just have been nice to have been able to purchase one... :)

Back